Scanners with light lids big enough to scan 5x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icarebecauseyoudo

Any cheapo ones around these days?

Have realised my old Epson one will only scan in a narrow band about 2 inches wide, and I want to do all these glass plates

Epson 4990 will do up to 10x8/a4 transparencies - think its been discontinued now but second hand should be cheapish...

If its just for a one off job would you not be better off with a light box, copy stand and a DSLR?

Epson 4990 will do up to 10x8/a4 transparencies - think its been discontinued now but second hand should be cheapish...

If its just for a one off job would you not be better off with a light box, copy stand and a DSLR?

You know me, I'm a stickler for quality ;) Plus I don't own a DSLR any more

How would you convert neg to pos like that? Is there a photoshop feature?

Thanks for suggestion, looks like this'll do it cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Perfect...0614288408?pt=UK_Scanners&hash=item19c1201818

Free local pick up - in fooking bournemouth :lol:

You know me, I'm a stickler for quality ;) Plus I don't own a DSLR any more

How would you convert neg to pos like that? Is there a photoshop feature?

Thanks for suggestion, looks like this'll do it cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Perfect...0614288408?pt=UK_Scanners&hash=item19c1201818

Free local pick up - in fooking bournemouth :lol:

Even a canny compact with a macro would be fine - used a similar setup in the past with glass negs, quality was spot on. Used a polariser to cut down on reflections like, then just invert in Photoshop.

But if yer dead set on a scanner, the 4990 is a goodun. Does that one above do 4x5? I can't be arsed to dig out the spec! :lol:

Even a canny compact with a macro would be fine - used a similar setup in the past with glass negs, quality was spot on. Used a polariser to cut down on reflections like, then just invert in Photoshop.

But if yer dead set on a scanner, the 4990 is a goodun. Does that one above do 4x5? I can't be arsed to dig out the spec! :lol:

Yep, I think that is prolly the cheapest that does 5x4

afaik anyway

Any cheapo ones around these days?

Have realised my old Epson one will only scan in a narrow band about 2 inches wide, and I want to do all these glass plates

Where do you live mate, you could have a loan of my Epson V700 if you are in Sunderland or fairly close to.

Where do you live mate, you could have a loan of my Epson V700 if you are in Sunderland or fairly close to.

Ah, cheers scraff. I'll bear that in mind. Not too far these days

Plan A has to be buying a cheap one as these plates will take forever

Even better would be training up the stepmum to do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back