Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

Just finished watching Arctic with Mads Mikkelsen. Predictably bleak, but worth a watch. Sort of Robinson Crusoe on ice.

Noomi Rapace. Shame it's not her ex hubby, Ola. :) There's something on Netflix with her in it too. Close? Not sure I fancy it though.
Watched a film on Film4 recently with her and Rachel McAdams - Passion. The film was utter dross and Noomi Rapace was disappointing. Having read the books I thought she was a perfect fit in the Millenium films and captured Lizbeth perfectly. She was also very wooden in a sci fi film I saw a while back. Not sure if it's direction or if she just has a limited range.

I'm currently watching Follow the Money on BBC4 and enjoying it. It's not up there with The Killing or The Bridge but it's still a canny watch and has a few interesting characters in Nicky, Alf and Anna, the lady from the bank.

I'm currently watching Follow the Money on BBC4 and enjoying it. It's not up there with The Killing or The Bridge but it's still a canny watch and has a few interesting characters in Nicky, Alf and Anna, the lady from the bank.
i've watched the first series of that, missed the second one so have bothered with this third series as i assume it wouldn't make too much sense... from memory the first was series was decent as it had Nikolaj Lie Kaas in it then...

i've watched the first series of that, missed the second one so have bothered with this third series as i assume it wouldn't make too much sense... from memory the first was series was decent as it had Nikolaj Lie Kaas in it then...
I definitely saw the first series but can't remember watching the second. There are some carry over characters but it's a completely different story line.

It's sufficiently self contained that I think it would be watchable as a stand alone series although you'd be unaware of Nicky's back story for example.

I see the second series finishes tonight on your side of the North Sea. What’s the second series been like?

Have all seven episodes recorded as well as the one tonight set but am yet to watch any of it. It will be a binge at some point very soon though and will let you know.

Any news on the series being picked up in the UK like series one ?

Have all seven episodes recorded as well as the one tonight set but am yet to watch any of it. It will be a binge at some point very soon though and will let you know.

Any news on the series being picked up in the UK like series one ?

Not seen any trailers for it yet.

Follow The Money has just finished in BBC 4's traditional Saturday night slot, to be replaced by Canadian detective drama series Cardinal - which incidentally is a decent watch.

Sky (Atlantic, I think). Sounds more like a German The Bridge. "A man’s frozen body lies in the mountain pass, one half in Germany, the other in Austria."
Sounds likely , Der Bridge or Der Tunnel ???
Give it a another go this week .

I did indeed. Wasn't as good as series one but still watchable.
is that because it wasnt "below the surface" (its a ferry this time right?)? or is it just a rehash of the first one without really breaking new ground?

btw - has the film Dronningen been released yet that you recommend previously, and if it has is it any good?

Back