Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Anna Friel, so that put me off. The 15 mins I did see she was having badly acted (imo) histrionics in the loo. That only confirmed my former opinion.
She was awful, the plot was full of holes and I couldn't stop staring at her top lip. It was typical ITV, she used to be bloody lovely as well no idea why she had that done

I might just record them all and watch them in an all night marathon.
Having done that myself, I wouldn’t recommend it... I’m looking forward to watching it again as I think I probably missed a lot of the minor details by 3.30am first time round...

I read in the paper at the weekend about The Bridge 4 starting

and realised I hadn't yet watched 3 :eek:

binge week
You really need to have seen 3, for 4 to make any sense...

[...] Hello,

Thank you for registering for updates on series four of The Bridge.

We're happy to let you know that the new series will begin on BBC Two on Friday 11 May at 9pm.

It will also be available on BBC iPlayer shortly after broadcast.

We hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for contacting us.

BBC Enquiries Team [...]

[...] Hello,

Thank you for registering for updates on series four of The Bridge.

We're happy to let you know that the new series will begin on BBC Two on Friday 11 May at 9pm.

It will also be available on BBC iPlayer shortly after broadcast.

We hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for contacting us.

BBC Enquiries Team [...]

Good stuff! The City and The City finishes this Friday so presumably there's a one off of some sort on the week after before The Bridge starts.

Episodes is on at 10pm Friday on BBC2 currently and it's episode 5 of 9 this week, suggesting The Bridge will be on one episode at a time.

Good stuff! The City and The City finishes this Friday so presumably there's a one off of some sort on the week after before The Bridge starts.

Episodes is on at 10pm Friday on BBC2 currently and it's episode 5 of 9 this week, suggesting The Bridge will be on one episode at a time.

@Son of Stan is not going to like that. :lol:

Seen it advertised so have added to my list - recognise one or two faces... some original Netflix stuff can be great, some can be a miss... hopefully this is decent.
Only a 6.1 on imdb so I'm not getting my hopes up. I just thought it looked an interesting premise, something different. It's a bit sci-fi apparently. Fucknars. I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Only a 6.1 on imdb so I'm not getting my hopes up. I just thought it looked an interesting premise, something different. It's a bit sci-fi apparently. Fucknars. I'll give it a whirl and report back.
Watched the first episode of the Rain but couldn't get the first one finished - absolutely tripe, really poor.

Watched the first episode of the Rain but couldn't get the first one finished - absolutely tripe, really poor.
i want to see it for myself, but somehow i kinda knew this before i've watched any of it. its gonna have to wait anyway, there's a queue of stuff for me to watch first - but i suspect it will be like many things on my netflix list, clicked to watch one day (which never comes).

i want to see it for myself, but somehow i kinda knew this before i've watched any of it. its gonna have to wait anyway, there's a queue of stuff for me to watch first - but i suspect it will be like many things on my netflix list, clicked to watch one day (which never comes).
Yes, sometimes its wrong to put your reviews on because everyone has different tastes. The premise is great, if not very original, and the first 5 minutes are decent but then the acting starts and its just stupid with a plot that year 11 kids could do better. Its the opposite of Dark, which is German rather than Scandi, which just got better and better and is nicely set up for a second series.

so is this a follow on or the original series , just when you say counting down the days
its the 4th and final series... which went out a few months back in Scandinavia, for some reason the beeb have dragged their feet on the transmission date whilst also changing their tried & tested format.

Back