Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

The Bridge 4 will start:lol: in May on BBC2, although no "exact date" given... :confused::rolleyes:

‘The Bridge IV’ heads to BBC Two in May

Also, what happened to beneath the surface on bbc4 last saturday???
God. May?!!! Beneath the Surface was pulled last week because of the terrorist incident in France. They put a French film on...and I'm afraid to say it took me 20 minutes to realise this wasn't a hostage's 'memory'! :oops: I'd had a drink, and missed the announcement. :lol:

God. May?!!! Beneath the Surface was pulled last week because of the terrorist incident in France. They put a French film on...and I'm afraid to say it took me 20 minutes to realise this wasn't a hostage's 'memory'! :oops: I'd had a drink, and missed the announcement. :lol:

:lol: At least we now know which month it will be shown. And April begins on Sunday so May is only weeks away. Bet it will be at the end of May though. Just to annoy you. :p

Is Below the Surface scheduled to continue this Saturday ?

Before We Die, Swedish series on channel 4. Superb.

Ricky Gervais said this about it

Ricky Gervais on Twitter

Good stuff. I hope he tweets about The Bridge 4 as well. With 13.2 million followers he could change the world.

Last edited:

With hindsight, I'm not sure the BBC thought this through in full... "There's been a terrorist incident involving a hostage situation in a small town in France!" "Let's postpone the Scandi drama about a terorrism based hostage situation and put on a film set in a small town in France instead." "Cracking idea! Pub?"

:lol: At least we now know which month it will be shown. And April begins on Sunday so May is only weeks away. Bet it will be at the end of May though. Just to annoy you. :p

It is.

With hindsight, I'm not sure the BBC thought this through in full... "There's been a terrorist incident involving a hostage situation in a small town in France!" "Let's postpone the Scandi drama about a terorrism based hostage situation and put on a film set in a small town in France instead." "Cracking idea! Pub?"

It is.

Nice one.

Did you watch episode four ?

Good stuff. I hope he tweets about The Bridge 4 as well. With 13.2 million followers he could change the world.
I wish I could be as positive. I've been irritated since January! :lol:

Anyone else get a little thrill whenever English words/phrases are used, as if there's no alternative? There have been a few in this, but 'macho man' is the only one I can remember. It used to happen in Borgen a lot too. @alexander may be able to help here! :lol:

I thought Before We Die was very watchable but not in the same league as The Killing or The Bridge.

I thought the first series of The Killing was ground breaking.
I agree with you but i thought it was better than watchable . Very good was my verdict. Its better than e.g. the killing 3 mind.

Anyone else get a little thrill whenever English words/phrases are used, as if there's no alternative? There have been a few in this, but 'macho man' is the only one I can remember. It used to happen in Borgen a lot too. @alexander may be able to help here! :lol:

There's been a few times when I've heard something and it's like 'we say that!' Excuse the spelling but 'kanna kum inna?' is one of them.

I agree with you but i thought it was better than watchable . Very good was my verdict. Its better than e.g. the killing 3 mind.

I was referring to series 1 and I agree ref The Killing 3.

I thought Before We Die was decent enough, very well done and far better than the usual UK or American offerings but I thought it was more a conventional, formulaic even, thriller without the 'quirkiness' of the best Scandi stuff.

For me it needed a lot more noir.

Just finished watching a 6 part drama on the Universal Channel called "The Disappearance"..........very, very good (the ending was superb and I admit I cried like). A bit of a slow burner but well worth a watch, I'd give it a 7/10 generally but a 9/10 for the ending.

Back