Scalextrix Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

when I had my scalextric 400 many many moons ago I had a similar problem and it turned out to be one of the connectors, mine came with a cloth cleaning thing and possibly even some liquid that we used to clean them all, it worked in the end like, I'm sure you've done it but you have to clean the underside of the cars aswell

I think this is a new type of problem thread for the SMB.

The bairns got a mario scalextrix thing and one of the lanes is barely moving whereas the other one stillflies round like shit off a stick.

I have switched controllers, they both work.
Switched cars, they also both work
Checked all connections, they seem ok
Cleaned the track, its now spotless

The only bit I still suspect is the bit where the controller thing plugs into the track but I cant really do owt with that as it is a sealed unit thing.

Any ideas what to try next before I go get my hammer ?
Check around the track at various points with a resistance meter, power off of course. Then do the same with the controller held on full but with a voltage meter and check for voltage drops around the track. It'll be a dodgy connection where one of the tracks joins to the next causing low voltage and a slow or not working car. Try taking the track apart and bend the contacts out on the track ends. Not sure if you can do that mind but try and get a better contact, bend to suit.

Check around the track at various points with a resistance meter, power off of course. Then do the same with the controller held on full but with a voltage meter and check for voltage drops around the track. It'll be a dodgy connection where one of the tracks joins to the next causing low voltage and a slow or not working car. Try taking the track apart and bend the contacts out on the track ends. Not sure if you can do that mind but try and get a better contact, bend to suit.

You fuckin' helpful bastard!

Nice suggestion mate, but the OP @Crook Mackem there wouldn't shell out for proper gear for the lad, so no doubt a multi meter won't adorn the old tool box there mate.

The bairns got a mario scalextrix thing and one of the lanes is barely moving whereas the other one stillflies round like shit off a stick.

The only bit I still suspect is the bit where the controller thing plugs into the track but I cant really do owt with that as it is a sealed unit thing.

Solder the leads to the track. It's effective with model railways.

are you sure it's not jsut that youre shite at scalextric and keep getting beat?

Can't have folk round here being helpful
Reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back