Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time

Dear god! Amazing how fast those years have gone.

I’ve never looked at my sister in the same way since then either, I’m just really disappointed in her! :lol:

Just remember it being a bit like the we buy any home advert where the guy realises that the meteor is going to hit his house, when it dawned on you that it was your house I described going to.

I was once chatting up lass and the conversation deviated massively for some reason and I'd obviously misheard something.
I said "well you know what they say about friends. Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies".
Her Grandad has died recently. I missed this vital bit of information.

TL/DR
I made a faux pas, but she still sent me pics of her tits and clopper

At Durham pride last year, I’d just been getting clued up about using the correct pronouns to use for people in the trans community and was chuffed with myself at just how open minded and knowledgable I was ...... got talking to someone handing out badges and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman. So when the bairn asks where I got the badge, I point out the person and said “they’re giving them out”.

“They’re ???? They?!?! I’m a woman!!! I’m a she!!! Is it not obvious? Who are you to call me a ‘they’. I’m not a genderless .. blah blah”

I thought I was doing the right thing by not ‘gender assigning’ them but I still managed to offend them. Sometimes you just can’t win.

At Durham pride last year, I’d just been getting clued up about using the correct pronouns to use for people in the trans community and was chuffed with myself at just how open minded and knowledgable I was ...... got talking to someone handing out badges and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman. So when the bairn asks where I got the badge, I point out the person and said “they’re giving them out”.

“They’re ???? They?!?! I’m a woman!!! I’m a she!!! Is it not obvious? Who are you to call me a ‘they’. I’m not a genderless .. blah blah”

I thought I was doing the right thing by not ‘gender assigning’ them but I still managed to offend them. Sometimes you just can’t win.
Sounds like a gender fascist to me, should have told the steward and had her booted out

You should have said no luv it’s not obvious at all.

In the pub after work many years ago when I worked at London Electric with a few colleagues and a couple of others who were friends of colleagues but I'd never met them before. I started slagging off some lass we worked with and that I couldn't f***ing stand her. One of these others pipes up that it's her sister.

Ah god that's agonising.

On the way into work, I heard on the radio that a minor local celebrity had died by taking his own life in a hotel. This celebrity shared a full name with the celebrity.

I wandered into work, saw him and said, "Thank god you're alive, the radio said you'd topped yourself in a hotel last night"

The look on his face as he explained that said celebrity was his cousin and they'd both been named after their Grandad....

I was out with some workmates one Christmas and bumped into a lad I hadn't seen for about 10 years. He was moving around the bar, holding on to the counter top and not moving too well at all. I said to him "you need to take a bit more water with it mate". To which he replied, "Oh, I'm not pissed, I've got MS". Oh bugger!

Was at @foolzy ’s wedding, asked his sisters which one was due first. One was with child, other wasn’t. The husband of the one that wasn’t found it hilarious.

Then there was an incident whilst on my work placement from university where I wished the ground would open up and swallow me, thankfully @TheWanderer took it quite well!
Ha ha, that the one where you said you’d fingered my sister! :lol:
Over 20 years ago that conversation...
Dear god! Amazing how fast those years have gone.

I’ve never looked at my sister in the same way since then either, I’m just really disappointed in her! :lol:
Just remember it being a bit like the we buy any home advert where the guy realises that the meteor is going to hit his house, when it dawned on you that it was your house I described going to.

What the fuck :lol::lol:

Once got asked by a colleague if I'd like to buy some tickets in aid of the polo society.. without thinking about the fact the lad only had one leg.. (I was well aware... ) I replied " aye gis a fivers worth but I never knew you played!!!

As soon as I said it I realised he'd said polio.. was a genuine mistake and to be fair to him he took it well and laughed it off... felt ill for months after every time I went to where he worked.

Bob ?

:eek:

A friend was up staying in Durham for the weekend as his team, Norwich, were playing the mags (we were away to Derby) mid 90s.

Anyway, Friday night in Durham and I said to him that away teams sometimes stayed in Royal County Hotel and did he fancy a drink in there, maybe see a couple of players.

He jumped at the chance. As it happened their keeper Bryan Gunn was having a drink, as he was injured, with Gary Megson (asst manager). Gunn was fantastic with us and our mate, buying drinks for us, chatting for an hour or so.

Now Bryan Gunn had a ponytail for years then shaved all his hair off a year or so previously. I piped up, "why did you shave all your hair off, you looked sackless"? He then told me that his young daughter had cancer and lost all her hair so he shaved his off so she didnt feel as bad!! I felt utter shit, couldnt apologise enough. He was fine and laughed at my faux pas.

We all gave a few quid towards his charity.

And Megson was an utter **** mind!!!

Back