Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time

Son of Stan

Striker
I'm sitting at work, doing a shift on reception. There's a pleasant bloke (mid 40s - I take note of such things) who comes in every day for the gym and one of the cleaners likes to have a bit crack with him. She mentioned that she saw him at the weekend and he said he was waiting for 'her' in a shop. Cleaner says 'I saw her...was it your Mam?'
No - it was his wife. :)
I bet he's not in tomorrow night.

Note: I am not the cleaner in this scenario! :)

I'm sitting at work, doing a shift on reception. There's a pleasant bloke (mid 40s - I take note of such things) who comes in every day for the gym and one of the cleaners likes to have a bit crack with him. She mentioned that she saw him at the weekend and he said he was waiting for 'her' in a shop. Cleaner says 'I saw her...was it your Mam?'

Are you his wife?

When I was working customer facing I once asked a customer when her baby was due given that she seemed to be wearing a maternity dress over what I incorrectly took to be a baby bump :oops:
After that I never asked anyone again unless they literally looked like they were about to give birth there and then lol

Once got asked by a colleague if I'd like to buy some tickets in aid of the polo society.. without thinking about the fact the lad only had one leg.. (I was well aware... ) I replied " aye gis a fivers worth but I never knew you played!!!

As soon as I said it I realised he'd said polio.. was a genuine mistake and to be fair to him he took it well and laughed it off... felt ill for months after every time I went to where he worked.

Lad at work who never dresses particularly smartly turned up in a black suit one day.

I asked “Are you up in court today.”

To which he replied he was going to a funeral. He said it with a smile on his face though so I thought he was lying and Just said “Haha, are you shite man!”

He really was going to a close relative’s funeral :(

Receptionist? What does your husband do?

Back