Saver or spender

I’ve realised from the lads I work with in the minority on this.

We are all about to or just have been made redundant, in preparation for this I started tightening my belt 12 months ago, once my car was paid off didn’t change it, put my phone onto sim only etc, nothing of the sort from them.

I couldn’t sleep at night with some of the debt they’ve got and they aren’t on bad money at all.
Some people are mental. Know someone with two young kids, £8-10k of debt and yet he still buys new clothes and shoes every month, and takeaways every other night. Sees the overdraft limit as part of the monthly salary too.

Some people are mental. Know someone with two young kids, £8-10k of debt and yet he still buys new clothes and shoes every month, and takeaways every other night. Sees the overdraft limit as part of the monthly salary too.

Each to their own and all that but that would never be off my mind, I didn’t especially like ticking on £10k for my motor when I did, but I needed it and work was secure at the time.

Lads ticking on range rovers on PCP just after Christmas last year knowing we were due the announcement, crazy.

Every month he has less money.

Each to their own and all that but that would never be off my mind, I didn’t especially like ticking on £10k for my motor when I did, but I needed it and work was secure at the time.

Lads ticking on range rovers on PCP just after Christmas last year knowing we were due the announcement, crazy.
Crazy isn't it. It's an addiction to spending, but there's nothing that'll stop him. They just remortgaged to 'get a new kitchen', but used it to pay off a lot of the debt.

Crazy isn't it. It's an addiction to spending, but there's nothing that'll stop him. They just remortgaged to 'get a new kitchen', but used it to pay off a lot of the debt.

That's how people like that end up skint and constantly having to work long hours.

Back