Save Seaburn

Who’s Fregal Sharkey and Lego Hair?

Fergal Sharkey is a singer from the 90’s who now campaigns about water pollution Lego hair is a member of the SS
I think it’s about time we started supporting these developments down seaburn. The place is a shit hole and needs investment not nimby negativity. Anyone got a link to give them the thumbs up?

Ha’way Avant Homes

Last edited:
Fergal Sharkey is a singer from the 90’s who now campaigns about water pollution Lego hair is a member of the SS

Ha’way Avant Homes
I dont see the problem with avant, or the hotel or anything else they hoy up down there. It’s been pretty desperate for development since the 70’s when I got dragged down there off our boy to play space invaders. The fair was a frigging death trap anarl, my cousin nearly fell out of the spinning rocket thing when the ancient harness came undone, obviously we were laughing at his screams and holding on for dear life but looking back it was a potential fatal accident.
Nah houses, hotels and pubs/restaurants will do me, get the kids leisure in a central location where the whole of Sunderland has easy access. I dare say the old crowtree site will do canny 👍

I think it’s about time we started supporting these developments down seaburn. The place is a shit hole and needs investment not nimby negativity. Anyone got a link to give them the thumbs up?

Having lived in Seaburn / South Bents all my life i think these new developments are great.
The stack and new hotel will bring in more licensed premises to add to The Promenade , Bar 88 and even the Grand Hotel so you’ve got a mini pub crawl for the night right there.
We are spoilt for choice for eateries down there , both takeaway and sit down so that’s a bonus.
As for housing , every place they’re developing/ planning to develop is a f***ing eyesore (especially where Avant plan to build).
Can’t wait for it all to be finished and see the whole place prosper.
Some folk need to get their heads out of their arses and accept the development was absolutely necessary.

Having lived in Seaburn / South Bents all my life i think these new developments are great.
The stack and new hotel will bring in more licensed premises to add to The Promenade , Bar 88 and even the Grand Hotel so you’ve got a mini pub crawl for the night right there.
We are spoilt for choice for eateries down there , both takeaway and sit down so that’s a bonus.
As for housing , every place they’re developing/ planning to develop is a f***ing eyesore (especially where Avant plan to build).
Can’t wait for it all to be finished and see the whole place prosper.
Some folk need to get their heads out of their arses and accept the development was absolutely necessary.
That small group will now object against absolutely anything proposed down there and claim they’re speaking for everyone. They need to wind their necks in and realise they’re not. I know a few lads who live on weardale and they support the developments 100% so it’s not even like they’ve got the support of everyone directly affected. It’s gone on long enough, like I said it’s been a shit hole down there for 40 years minimum, gerrit built....

Have been down for a looksee today and it's looking very nice nice I must say. Already bringing the neighbourhood up with the landscaping.

This is going to be a lovely addition to the area and it's such a shame there's locals so bitter about it.

Seaburn has truly been saved. Well done all involved.
I think we’ve seen that most locals want it. A small minority tried to spoil it and have lost in comical style.
That small group will now object against absolutely anything proposed down there and claim they’re speaking for everyone. They need to wind their necks in and realise they’re not. I know a few lads who live on weardale and they support the developments 100% so it’s not even like they’ve got the support of everyone directly affected. It’s gone on long enough, like I said it’s been a shit hole down there for 40 years minimum, gerrit built....
I’ve heard a Belgian lad down there keeps complaining about the threat of burglary

Last edited:

Back