Save Seaburn

Are they all five beds though ? Can’t imagine there would only be 25k difference between and 4 and a 5 bed ?
Aye they are both five beds. Can't recall the name of the 4 bedder but it was a good bit different. I think around £370k-ish. Single garage whereas the five bedders are double garage. They also said big plots too compared to other estates like potters hill.

From the lady who will take over the site. The plans have changed slightly from the ones that can still be found on the web. More Jura's I think. Obviously nowt official until they actually publish them as they will no doubt change right up to the last minute as market conditions or other factors change.

It's bloody high. It makes this development one of the most expensive in the north east. With these style homes.
But prices on south bents as is existing have gone a bit daft too.
i'll have look when the showhomes are open, but the size of them makes them not worth that amount imho.

My wife and I had a look at the Jura at the Potters Hill site at the weekend, to see what the Seaburn ones would look like. The house was nice enough, didn't blow us away tbh. The decor was nice as you'd expect in a show home, but didn't seem particularly big tbh.

I'd guessed that the Seaburn ones would be £450K'ish.

The bloke running the Save Seaburn campaign protesting against the development of the 6 hectare site, has closed down his campaign because he is Belgian and upset about Brexit :lol::lol:
So your happy with prime seafront land becoming a housing estate instead of leisure and recreation ???
Disappointed with the living space in the kitchen diner areas. I'd need to hoy an extension on straight away. Another £25k.
Hiya Miles !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Miles like?

And that land was private land not council. Did you expect the council CPO when there's no one lining up to deliver all this leisure?

Also the land would probably worth nothing for leisure use but considerably more for residential. Can’t imagine the university wishing to sell the land for nothing!

Also the land would probably worth nothing for leisure use but considerably more for residential. Can’t imagine the university wishing to sell the land for nothing!
Exactly. And we have a shortage of large detached family homes (as well as afforable housing before the thickheed pipes up) for more affluent families which this will provide. We have lost a lot of that wealth to places like Seaham - and look at what housing did for Seaham. But the thick as mince folk at SFT cannot see that and just repeat the crap from the save seaburn lot. So blinded by this anti-Labour rage they have. Housing is good for Seaburn. The mix with leisure needs to be right though and we'll have to see if that happens.

Exactly. And we have a shortage of large detached family homes (as well as afforable housing before the thickheed pipes up) for more affluent families which this will provide. We have lost a lot of that wealth to places like Seaham - and look at what housing did for Seaham. But the thick as mince folk at SFT cannot see that and just repeat the crap from the save seaburn lot. So blinded by this anti-Labour rage they have. Housing is good for Seaburn. The mix with leisure needs to be right though and we'll have to see if that happens.

Yep. I think Sunderland has a net migration of people who leave to go to other parts of the region. We need to try and retain wealth in the city so that their spends is used locally, hence why trying to make Sunderland a commuter city to Newcastle isn’t a bad thing. Again before people berate me that is not to say we should not try and attract businesses into Sunderland.

If we could get some of these business owners / directors to live locally through providing good quality housing, they may just have a second thought about locating their own businesses / HQ in the city.

Imagine being wealthy and looking at a Morrison’s loading bay.
Tbf the houses are not far off with the prices quoted. Can’t imagine people moving in from other areas to there but they will definitely attract other sr6 dwellers. Too close to celadon to draw people from other areas of the region.

Imagine being wealthy and looking at a Morrison’s loading bay.
Tbf the houses are not far off with the prices quoted. Can’t imagine people moving in from other areas to there but they will definitely attract other sr6 dwellers. Too close to celadon to draw people from other areas of the region.
and the skateboard park and the area set aside for dog poos
living the dream

I don’t do Facebook but my daughter has just shown me the latest effort from the nuggets, it has a bullet point list and the last bullet point is ... like regret.

I do like how people moan and twist about Seaburn and Roker however its always a go to place for most people on a nice day or weekend. For me its changed and will continue to change over the years but most of it is positive. We have just been given the go ahead for our unit as part of The Stack and we are very excited and cant wait to get started
This good news for the city.

I don’t do Facebook but my daughter has just shown me the latest effort from the nuggets, it has a bullet point list and the last bullet point is ... like regret.

The biggest issue is crime around Roker Park, yet funny enough, it’s at the bottom of points for discussion

The biggest issue is crime around Roker Park, yet funny enough, it’s at the bottom of points for discussion

Strange how there hasn’t been a residents meeting for months since the planning approval was granted for miller homes and the website was closed down ... now all of a sudden one is arranged on the pretext of concern about anti social behaviour and yet its last on a long list with yet again miller homes development and other projects topping the agenda. When will people wake up to the fact they are only self serving and don’t give a shit about other issues ?

Strange how there hasn’t been a residents meeting for months since the planning approval was granted for miller homes and the website was closed down ... now all of a sudden one is arranged on the pretext of concern about anti social behaviour and yet its last on a long list with yet again miller homes development and other projects topping the agenda. When will people wake up to the fact they are only self serving and don’t give a shit about other issues ?

I think they just like to get together and have an organised whinge and like the process of making posters and hiring a meeting space to make it all official

Back