Save Seaburn

The save seaburn page on Facebook has gone awfully quiet. The new proposed houses mustn’t be spoiling anyone’s view.

tbh there's nowt for them to complain about, there's a roadsweeper vehicle twice a day, the road on the site has been tarmaced so the workers cars park on the site instead of the street

tbh there's nowt for them to complain about, there's a roadsweeper vehicle twice a day, the road on the site has been tarmaced so the workers cars park on the site instead of the street
I just thought there would be hell on about the 85 houses proposed next to Seafields. A little murmur then silence. I’m wondering if the huge mounds of hardcore are blocking the Wi-fi signals or something as they were well up for the fight over the miller development.

I just thought there would be hell on about the 85 houses proposed next to Seafields. A little murmur then silence. I’m wondering if the huge mounds of hardcore are blocking the Wi-fi signals or something as they were well up for the fight over the miller development.

Just self serving , painting themselves as the saviours of the whole area but not interested in returning the favour for the very people they canvassed to support their cause - then again they are the kind of people who saw it as appropriate to hi jack posts on the death of Joan in the one stop with links to the save seaburn campaign so nothing surprises me

Kath has posted about a meeting to discuss complaints about the conduct of Miller Homes :lol:

Oh and a few other minor things tucked away at the end like Stack and the hotel/pub.

Kath has posted about a meeting to discuss complaints about the conduct of Miller Homes :lol:

Oh and a few other minor things tucked away at the end like Stack and the hotel/pub.

"2. Residents have questioned Miller Homes sewage connection as it would negatively impact the environment. The council now accept it is an Illegal connection and new planning consent is required .
This has been called in by councillor Doyle." 😄

Doyle by name, doyle by nature

Theres a surprise , be taking peoples addresses and creating objections to the housing there and next to seafields no doubt - absolute self interest yet again masquerading as some sort of community protector
"2. Residents have questioned Miller Homes sewage connection as it would negatively impact the environment. The council now accept it is an Illegal connection and new planning consent is required .
This has been called in by councillor Doyle." 😄

Doyle by name, doyle by nature

Has James Doyle done anything for any other local community group of concern ? Since he was elected his only concern seems to have been south bents - he made such an awful job of dealing with the haul road though he’s probably under pressure to remedy that situation somehow

Last edited:
Theres a surprise , be taking peoples addresses and creating objections to the housing there and next to seafields no doubt - absolute self interest yet again masquerading as some sort of community protector

Has James Doyle done anything for any other local community group of concern ? Since he was elected his only concern seems to have been south bents - he made such an awful job of dealing with the haul road though he’s probably under pressure to remedy that situation somehow
Didn’t he fix the Blue Bell car park?

Is that speculation Bob or from someone at Miller Homes?
From the lady who will take over the site. The plans have changed slightly from the ones that can still be found on the web. More Jura's I think. Obviously nowt official until they actually publish them as they will no doubt change right up to the last minute as market conditions or other factors change.
On that basis.....I'm out.
It's bloody high. It makes this development one of the most expensive in the north east. With these style homes.
But prices on south bents as is existing have gone a bit daft too.

Last edited:

Back