Save Seaburn

Fuck me portabello shore man !! have u actually ever been to a good restaurant? How old are you mate ???
Just trying to educate you son.
You're clearly still a bairn if you're typing things like 'u' instead of real words.
Get out of your bedroom and have a look along the coast - there's loads of great places to eat. You've just slagged Portobello Shore off yet you probably never even heard of the place till I posted about it yesterday :lol:

Been there twice.
First time me and our lass had the cod, it was class.
Second time, I had haddock which was lovely, she had cod, which was discoloured and clearly wasn't fresh.
The chips had appeared to be reheated.
Whatever possessed ya.

+ haddock's a dry fish. I went Seaham Downey's because I'd been thirsty through there and it knocks spots off the Roker one. £7.80 and as fucken big as a scaley mannatee.

Crozier still the leader, overall.

Just trying to educate you son.
You're clearly still a bairn if you're typing things like 'u' instead of real words.
Get out of your bedroom and have a look along the coast - there's loads of great places to eat. You've just slagged Portobello Shore off yet you probably never even heard of the place till I posted about it yesterday :lol:
Mate your embarrassing, my point is Sunderland needs to move away from the “ cheap and cheerful “ places exactly like Portabello shore and open better standard of restaurants along the seafront to attract people to come here for food etc the only people who eat in Sunderland are from Sunderland and there is no chance I’d take my 8 yr old and 2 yr old to the town centre with the amount of drunk idiots about who can’t even sit without swearing there heads off

Mate your embarrassing, my point is Sunderland needs to move away from the “ cheap and cheerful “ places exactly like Portabello shore and open better standard of restaurants along the seafront to attract people to come here for food etc the only people who eat in Sunderland are from Sunderland and there is no chance I’d take my 8 yr old and 2 yr old to the town centre with the amount of drunk idiots about who can’t even sit without swearing there heads off
So you want somewhere you can take your kids that is high standard and doesn't attract drunks? Sounds like Latimers restaurant is perfect for your needs :lol:
BTW Portobello Shore isn't in the cheap and cheerful bracket.

Difficulty is how do you get said business to come to Sunderland?

I would imagine attracting more people to the seafront would be a start followed by getting people with more disposable income. To do so I guess you need more executive, retirement and or young professional housing to try and make it enticing enough for a high end restaurant to come.

canny long sentence that like.

canny long sentence that like.
Capital C in canny mate
Difficulty is how do you get said business to come to Sunderland?

I would imagine attracting more people to the seafront would be a start followed by getting people with more disposable income. To do so I guess you need more executive, retirement and or young professional housing to try and make it enticing enough for a high end restaurant to come.
It doesn’t have to be anything big just needs people to use their imagination instead of just opening the same as everyone else. People would come if there was something to come for, can you see people from Newcastle or surrounding areas driving for something to eat at sabbatinis or portabello shore? Places like that are ten a penny Sunderland needs to shed its cheap and cheerful persona to get people to come here

Last edited:
Seen as this has ended up a fish shop thread, i used to like it going to Frankies Ritz Cafe on South Shields foreshore back in the day, me mam and dad took me and it was all brown bread and pots of tea with your fish and chips - anyone remember it ?

Back