Save Seaburn

I believe that the seafront is core to SS campaign strategy, with the demise of Siglion's vision a big victory and the stack proposal a very welcome and attractive addition to the seafront.
Oh I’ve nowt against the SS campaign, just the people who hijacked it for the relatively small and I believe necessary housing development backing into them in south bents. I’m all for protesting for more leisure and less flats and stuff in seaburn.

Oh I’ve nowt against the SS campaign, just the people who hijacked it for the relatively small and I believe necessary housing development backing into them in south bents. I’m all for protesting for more leisure and less flats and stuff in seaburn.

It’s now #savesouthbents on Twitter , they never had any interest in the greater good of seaburn

The SS campaign was not hijacked imo, still all the same people involved
It’s now #savesouthbents on Twitter , they never had any interest in the greater good of seaburn
#savesouthbents surely is a temporary thing made up by a frustrated few. The real SS are still enjoying their victory over Siglion and its fans

Last edited:
You said "top class seafood"
That's precisely what Latimers is.
You weapon :lol:
Is it fuck man! god you obviously have never been outside of Sunderland in your life it’s a seafood cafe and a lot of its stuff is frozen bought in
It’s closed at 5.30 and doesn’t even serve alcohol how is that sonehwere to go on a Saturday night for a meal

Last edited:
Too late to try and wriggle now mate, you've been blarn out. Unlucky.
Embarrassing yourself mate
They do serve alcohol
Anyway I wouldn’t consider it somewhere to go for a meal it’s s cafe with a cafes interior,fair enough for a crab sandwich on a afternoon. My point is nobody has any imagination in Sunderland everything is the same we should have a high end dedicated sea food restaurant overlooking the sea somewhere people will travel to visit not a fish and chip cafe moonlighting as a restaurant or a Chinese monstrosity

Last edited:
Embarrassing yourself mate

Anyway I wouldn’t consider it somewhere to go for a meal it’s s cafe with a cafes interior,fair enough for a crab sandwich on a afternoon. My point is nobody has any imagination in Sunderland everything is the same we should have a high end dedicated sea food restaurant overlooking the sea somewhere people will travel to visit not a fish and chip cafe moonlighting as a restaurant or a Chinese monstrosity
you mean like what used to be in Marsden grotto
to be fair considering we are an island we are very poor with sea food restaurants

If you go just north of what was Whitburn Colliery there is a pumping station that pumps mine water from a myriad of old inland County Durham collieries straight into the North Sea. Pure poison. The immediate sea bed is dead. Bob Latimer has campaigned against it for years and got no where. Trouble is there seems to be no alternative destination for the water to go to. An accidental temporary sewage outlet is nowt in comparison.
Best fishing for miles. Was the hottest mark in the northeast this winter.

Back