Save Seaburn

Thought they wanted no housing. Does this affect the Miller Homes development?
Miller Homes will go ahead, but Siglion’s plans won’t. SaveSeaburn always stood for 100 - 150 residential dwellings with increased leisure offering. And as things stand that is exactly what will be planned. What a victory

Thought they wanted no housing. Does this affect the Miller Homes development?

No, the miller homes development is a separate piece of land being sold by uni I think.

Housing / apt’s is the right thing for the seaburn site in my opinion albeit perhaps not more housing.

Main issue will be trying to attract leisure whatever that is meant to mean? Hopefully this doesn’t involve a load more Amusements or arcades or worse yet a new seaburn centre! The seafront should be exactly what is says a sea-front no need for leisure attractions other than pubs, cafes, restaurants and the occasional shop. The sea and beach ought to be the attraction.

Miller Homes will go ahead, but Siglion’s plans won’t. SaveSeaburn always stood for 100 - 150 residential dwellings with increased leisure offering. And as things stand that is exactly what will be planned. What a victory

To fair to the Siglion development I dont think they were planning on doing much more then 150 houses on the sites (I could be wrong). Think the majority of the remaining housing was to be apt’s with leisure incorporated at ground floor.

Last edited:
No, the miller homes development is a separate piece of land being sold by uni I think.

Housing / apt’s is the right thing for the seaburn site in my opinion albeit perhaps not more housing.

Main issue will be trying to attract leisure whatever that is meant to mean? Hopefully this doesn’t involve a load more Amusements or arcades or worse yet a new seaburn centre! The seafront should be exactly what is says a sea-front no need for leisure attractions other than pubs, cafes, restaurants and the occasional shop. The sea and beach ought to be the attraction.

Fancied a nice seafront penthouse apartment for me retirement down there like. Just a four storey building would be enough with a nice balcony.

Fancied a nice seafront penthouse apartment for me retirement down there like. Just a four storey building would be enough with a nice balcony.

Totally agreed 4 or 5 storey building on the building line of the other properties would have been fine, if they could incorporated the odd cafe, restaurant or retail etc. into the ground floor.

I’m not sure what other leisure offer the people of seaburn want?

SaveSeaburn objected to the Siglion Development and have influenced a change. SaveSeaburn incorporated took on Miller Homes and as things stand that is going ahead so SaveSeaburn have won the first half but it’s heading for a 1-1 draw.

SaveSeaburn objected to the Siglion Development and have influenced a change. SaveSeaburn incorporated took on Miller Homes and as things stand that is going ahead so SaveSeaburn have won the first half but it’s heading for a 1-1 draw.
A draw would be a big result... David and Goliath...

I very much doubt that as it’s prime housing development opportunity.

no it isn't no ones interested on the front site, and there's very little in the rear sites, that's why Siglion have dissolved obviously with massive losses of face, example the carpark to the side of Martinos being kicked into the long grass and the f***ing pathetic pruning and netting of the 2 trees

no it isn't no ones interested on the front site, and there's very little in the rear sites, that's why Siglion have dissolved obviously with massive losses of face, example the carpark to the side of Martinos being kicked into the long grass and the f***ing pathetic pruning and netting of the 2 trees

I don’t think that’s true mate, but you never know. I imagine that the front site will have considerable interest in either executive housing or retirement / over 50’s apartments as it’s prime site for it, with arguably the highest residential values in the city. Unless the site cant be developed due to site abnormals I can’t see why it wouldn’t work from a resi perspective.

As for the car park is the issue not to do with nesting birds?

I don’t think that’s true mate, but you never know. I imagine that the front site will have considerable interest in either executive housing or retirement / over 50’s apartments as it’s prime site for it, with arguably the highest residential values in the city. Unless the site cant be developed due to site abnormals I can’t see why it wouldn’t work from a resi perspective.

As for the car park is the issue not to do with nesting birds?

listen carefully.. trust me the front site has been shelved for housing it's going to be leisure only and when and only when the leisure on the front gets moving will the back sites for housing will get started

Imagine living in an executive apartment overlooking Morrison’s, with terrible parking that gets worse in the summer.

To me it all hinges on the stack thing. If its successful it could be the catalyst the sea front needs. Hopefully it works out.

Back