Save Seaburn

You’re wrong but that’s ok mate.

It doesn’t really matter how long it was gifted it was theirs to sell and that’s business - was of zero benefit to their portfolio.

The argument against it being used for executive housing is just laughable too , imagine if they said they were going to build a huge complex of flats and bail hostels

I agree, it’ll say summat about the cricket ground that was there, the old changing room building that was there because the foundations are still sticking out of the ground on the field behind the tree line and it’ll say owned by the University and its predecessors for f***ing ages.

Polytechnic back then.

It doesn’t really matter how long it was gifted it was theirs to sell and that’s business - was of zero benefit to their portfolio.

The argument against it being used for executive housing is just laughable too , imagine if they said they were going to build a huge complex of flats and bail hostels

Of course it matters, it matters for all the reasons in this thread. The point is it’s left for recreation. Obviously nobody would want to be next door to a hostel, don’t be stupid.

Well quick google, just to clamp the troll Gala.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....versial-sunderland-land-project-1-9021269/amp

“It will mean another loss of green space that was gifted to the University for leisure and recreation purposes by the general public. The university has no right to sell this land off for housing purposes.
You’ve just quoted a “residents spokesman” from an article in the Echo so that’s it mate, resounding success on your part and fucked me right over.

Well quick google, just to clamp the troll Gala.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....versial-sunderland-land-project-1-9021269/amp

“It will mean another loss of green space that was gifted to the University for leisure and recreation purposes by the general public. The university has no right to sell this land off for housing purposes.

Gifted to the university by whom? And the loss of green space is hardly a hardship where there's already plenty. And big a massive beach which is hardly overused. Clutching at straws. FWIW I own a property in Seaburn to declare an interest.

You’ve just quoted a “residents spokesman” from an article in the Echo so that’s it mate, resounding success on your part and fucked me right over.

You’re nit picking as that cronie said, it doesn’t really matter when it was gifted, the point is that it was gifted. Congratulation on maybe being right (then again maybe not)

The original part of South Bents with the big houses is smart as fuck. The extended bit around the back is nowt special and it’s funny that there are loads of people in the extended bit objecting to the extension of the estate.

The original part of South Bents with the big houses is smart as fuck. The extended bit around the back is nowt special and it’s funny that there are loads of people in the extended bit objecting to the extension of the estate.

I think it’s time for bed. What are you harping on about? Read what you’ve just said.

If you want your point to be credible then back it up.

You’ll have to speak to local campaigners and councillors or as you’ve already suggested the land registry.

You’re nit picking as that cronie said, it doesn’t really matter when it was gifted, the point is that it was gifted. Congratulation on maybe being right (then again maybe not)

No evidence to say it was gifted for leisure / recreational or to build a massive laboratory on has been provided - all just hearsay and convenient.

This claim that the land was gifted keeps coming up. Well maybe so. But unless there was a covenant placed that it couldn't be sold for development or whatever then it's academic.

Exactly. I live in the extended bit round the back and the irony of those complaining is not lost on me.

Considering I live about 15 miles away you can rest assure it’s not personally effecting me. I’m just stating what most are thinking. Re: backhanded sale I’m sure Save Seaburn group would have in depth detail. In short the land was gifted to the uni, around 5 years ago at random. The land was then sold onto Miller homes. Take your rose glasses off and you may see.

'Most' are thinking? Are they? or have you just made that up?

And the rest of it we've now established in short is a load of shite.

5 years is really 26 years
Gifted at random is really transfered under government legislation

Rose tinted glasses? Think its you thats wearing them really.

If you live 15 miles away, which sounds like its outside the Sunderland City boundry how come most of your posts are about a council that have nothing to do with you?

The Weardale avenue lot that are kicking up the most fuss will have moaned like fuck when the council made a noise cutting the grass a year or two ago man..

The nimby fuckers are actually clouding my judgement, i want something shit to built there just to fuck them off....

Back