Save Seaburn

Afraid that you’re talking dog shit if that’s even a genuine feeling. If the councils removed the recreation possibility by taking the goals away then obviously not as wide variety of activities will be enjoyed. You’re lacking any clue if you think it’s only used by dog walkers. Kite surfers, kids use it for football still, runners etc.

There are far better brownfield sites for affordable housing nearby, so that is also dog shite.

Logon or register to see this image

Afraid that you’re talking dog shit if that’s even a genuine feeling. If the councils removed the recreation possibility by taking the goals away then obviously not as wide variety of activities will be enjoyed. You’re lacking any clue if you think it’s only used by dog walkers. Kite surfers, kids use it for football still, runners etc.

There are far better brownfield sites for affordable housing nearby, so that is also dog shite.
absolute garbage.

Even if it was widely used for football that doesn’t matter. It’s not public land anyway.

It’s not affordable housing that’s being built. There are other sites and plans around the city for that. Sticking executive homes on a former factory site in Hendon isn’t going to do well now is it? This site and development is exactly what Seaburn needs. Just a shame some are so stubbornly short sighted the can’t see it.

Even if it was widely used for football that doesn’t matter. It’s not public land anyway.

It’s not affordable housing that’s being built. There are other sites and plans around the city for that. Sticking executive homes on a former factory site in Hendon isn’t going to do well now is it? This site and development is exactly what Seaburn needs. Just a shame some are so stubbornly short sighted the can’t see it.

It was public land up until it was sold backhandedly!
The point was there is a demand for affordable housing and not executive style housing, especially on prime land! Seaburn/Whitburn needs a green space this is the last remaining piece there is. If you can’t see that then you’ve clearly got dog shite in your eyes.

absolute garbage.
Great input

Grew up there, this has been planned for longer than ten years, when for no reason the goals and rugby pitch was removed and a no golf sign (understandable given the large amount of walkers that use it) was put up. It is still widely used but as others have said best preserved and used again as recreation as it’s basically the last green space in the area. However I have 100% confidence the council won’t do what’s best as they continually prove.

Apart from Whitburn Bents Park in one direction and Seaburn Rec in the other.

The point was there is a demand for affordable housing and not executive style housing, especially on prime land! Seaburn/Whitburn needs a green space this is the last remaining piece there is. If you can’t see that then you’ve clearly got dog shite in your eyes.

Great input

How do you know there is no demand for executive housing?
The point is, that vast majority of Sunderland's housing stock is in council tax bands A & B. This is holding the place back.
Sunderland does badly need higher end housing to attract people with money, who'll in turn spend it in the city & create demand for more upmarket commercial establishments. And the reality is, these sort of developments will only attract the required buyers if they're built in nice areas (ie Seaburn/Fulwell & Herrington)

There is still loads of green space, on the cliff tops & roker park to name a couple

How do you know there is no demand for executive housing?
The point is, that vast majority of Sunderland's housing stock is in council tax bands A & B. This is holding the place back.
Sunderland does badly need higher end housing to attract people with money, who'll in turn spend it in the city & create demand for more upmarket commercial establishments. And the reality is, these sort of developments will only attract the required buyers if they're built in nice areas (ie Seaburn/Fulwell & Herrington)

There is still loads of green space, on the cliff tops & roker park to name a couple

While not exactly "green space", Mere Knolls Cemetery is close by anarl. Great place for walking the mutt (as long as you act responsibly/respectfully).

and all the fields behind the cemetery and school all the way to the AOL and across to where the scouts camp is

That's private land, although there is a public footpath through it iirc.

While not exactly "green space", Mere Knolls Cemetery is close by anarl. Great place for walking the mutt (as long as you act responsibly/respectfully).

That's private land, although there is a public footpath through it iirc.

there is public paths mate behind the cemetery wall and school also across,loads of dag walkers use them

Great input
You live in weardale avenue don't you?

Right back to practicing the phonetic alphabet...

November
India
Mike
Bravo
Yankee

Alpha
Lima
Echo
Romeo
Tango

Last edited:

Great input
Sold backhandedly? Explain more.

There is a need for more housing at an exec level. The city needs to stop people moving out. You just don't want to hear it.

Sold backhandedly? Explain more.

There is a need for more housing at an exec level. The city needs to stop people moving out. You just don't want to hear it.

Considering I live about 15 miles away you can rest assure it’s not personally effecting me. I’m just stating what most are thinking. Re: backhanded sale I’m sure Save Seaburn group would have in depth detail. In short the land was gifted to the uni, around 5 years ago at random. The land was then sold onto Miller homes. Take your rose glasses off and you may see.

Considering I live about 15 miles away you can rest assure it’s not personally effecting me. I’m just stating what most are thinking. Re: backhanded sale I’m sure Save Seaburn group would have in depth detail. In short the land was gifted to the uni, around 5 years ago at random. The land was then sold onto Miller homes. Take your rose glasses off and you may see.
I’ve always known them as the Tech Fields which suggests they’ve been owned by the technical college/Uni for years.

There'll be summat in the Land Registry I'm sure.
I agree, it’ll say summat about the cricket ground that was there, the old changing room building that was there because the foundations are still sticking out of the ground on the field behind the tree line and it’ll say owned by the University and its predecessors for f***ing ages.

Back