Save Seaburn

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Boris Bear, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Outside having a BBQ or whatever. I can understand it tbh but she's and all of them are naive in the extreme to think they can keep it as a field. They'll never admit to the true motivation.

2. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

Which of course is house values and the ‘exclusivity’ same with seafields

3. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Thing is like I reckon they would only see a dip for a very short time period - if at all, during development. If the kind of affect that East Shore village had on Seaham harbour happens with loads of private investment and the whole area going more 'upmarket' then potentially their house prices can sky rocket.

Problem is though they'll no longer have the most desireable houses.

4. MattyW

MattyW Reserve Squad

You are wrong, with those new ‘Executive ‘ housing estates alongside the leisure led Siglion development, value for existing houses will only go up. So the NIMBY’s must be aware of this and their motivation different to what you suggest?

fergus likes this.
  5. fergus

fergus Winger

Definitely, they'll make a fortune, can't understand why they're against it, unless it is the green thing

6. Gala

Gala Midfield

They’re not the most desirable, there’s loads better at Roker and along the front at Seaburn.

mux and fergus like this.
  7. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

I doubt they will increase initially at all plus the ‘island’ affect has distorted prices for a long time - they are after all the same housing stock as a lot of seaburn and the D’s it will level them off once they become part of the larger estate - it’s inevitable

8. MattyW

MattyW Reserve Squad

You obviously still live in the past. House prices in South Bents have shot up and almost doubled in the past 2 years .

9. Gala

Gala Midfield

MattyW you’re making things up.

MattyW likes this.
  10. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

True. Mine is.

But in their minds they have this green belt utopia that cannot be messed with.

11. fergus

fergus Winger

agree, it must be the green thing :lol:

MattyW likes this.
  12. Boris Bear

Boris Bear Striker

As he did on the Facebook groups.

@Nookie Bear you must remember this fella?

MattyW likes this.
  13. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Winger

The houses in south Bents aren’t the same stock as the Ds at all, they’re much bigger, I’ve lived in both. Currently in south Bents and pro development.

Wonderbra and Boris Bear like this.
  14. Boris Bear

Boris Bear Striker

They haven’t doubled in value in the last couple of years though as crazy Matt suggests

MattyW likes this.
  15. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Winger

Definitely not, mines gone up about 40-50k in the 6 years I’ve lived here though. One in Weardale went for about 400k not long ago but had a huge extension

MattyW likes this.
  16. MattyW

MattyW Reserve Squad

And was bought 1 year prior to that for 205K ...

17. fergus

fergus Winger

Anyway, they've always been very popular

MattyW likes this.
  18. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

Yes but I think he has some form of mental illness so won’t be engaging with him on here - was and enough when I was in hospital with kidney failure and he was messaging relentlessly insisting I worked for siglion etc

Boris Bear likes this.
  19. MattyW

MattyW Reserve Squad

I wish my house here in Hendon had the same potential. 4 bedrooms but overlooking a gas tank... I do have sea views though , from the loft...

20. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

Siddall’s isn’t any bigger than our last place like in the D’s suppose it depends what extensions have been put on ?

MattyW likes this.