Save Seaburn

The massive amount of objections?
Waiting game. Pretty sure it's all decided. They have to make it look like they have heard all concerns, and all alternatives. They will come up with more 'Field trips' to check the situation and local concerns etc. I want the area developed, and don't give a shit for the NIMBY's. It's just normal bollocks tactics to get what has already been agreed.

Waiting game. Pretty sure it's all decided. They have to make it look like they have heard all concerns, and all alternatives. They will come up with more 'Field trips' to check the situation and local concerns etc. I want the area developed, and don't give a shit for the NIMBY's. It's just normal bollocks tactics to get what has already been agreed.
Field trips!!! Always reminds me when they were back and forth to South Africa when the World Cup was on. Field trips:rolleyes:

Well put a business case together and see how far you get with having the same facilities within a few miles either side. Council's don't build leisure centres so Dave can down a slide with his two kids once a fortnight.
Didn't the council build crowtree?

Well there probably wouldn't have been any pubs. If you knew development and planning laws you would know the council can't really add anything. I flagged this up on the Keel Square thread and you didn't respond to that post.
So how do other resorts manage it, what's different?

Didn't the council build crowtree?
Aye back in the day when they were very popular.

I've been to the new one in shields which i think is great and the bairn loves it but only once was it actually busy.

Sunderland council don't have the money for one. And if they did I don't think its needed at the coast.

Just spent upwards of an hour catching up on this thread - Jesus, it was busy over the weekend.

However, if we take out the bickering between a very small number of posters, there is still some serious and thoughtful debate.

I genuinely do sympathise with some residents of South Bents, especially those that have gardens backing on to the field in question. However, as Travis Bickle alluded, you can't have everything your own way forever. After all, the farmers field out the back of my house may get sold one day. Not much I can do about that, either. To be fair, as long as I keep my view of Penshaw Monument, I'll be happy.

The Seafields residents can f***ing do one, though. The bloody hypocrites have got a nerve bleating on about ANYTHING going on down Seaburn. From what I've seen on the various FB groups that have popped up, they're nothing more than middle-class middle-aged arseholes with far too much time on their hands.

Alright Jeroen ?

Just spent upwards of an hour catching up on this thread - Jesus, it was busy over the weekend.

However, if we take out the bickering between a very small number of posters, there is still some serious and thoughtful debate.

I genuinely do sympathise with some residents of South Bents, especially those that have gardens backing on to the field in question. However, as Travis Bickle alluded, you can't have everything your own way forever. After all, the farmers field out the back of my house may get sold one day. Not much I can do about that, either. To be fair, as long as I keep my view of Penshaw Monument, I'll be happy.

The Seafields residents can f***ing do one, though. The bloody hypocrites have got a nerve bleating on about ANYTHING going on down Seaburn. From what I've seen on the various FB groups that have popped up, they're nothing more than middle-class middle-aged arseholes with far too much time on their hands.
Ironically the seaburn people were anti seafields

Then now they are united

Ooh the irony

That Seaburn MasterPlan page had a bit of a meltdown last night, by the look of it. I think one of the admins is just there to wind people up!

Back