Save Seaburn

Was sitting outside the cafe underneath the Fat Buddha the other day and Seaburn is really coming along. Looked superb in the sun. Until you walk up the stairs and see the Pulman, Seaburn Centre, Amusements and derelict fairground site being an absolute eyesore.

Haway the developments!

Why would you build a pool a mile from another?. Fairs and crazy golf went out with mini x 2's fashion.
Cos one is an Olympic swimming pool which is for proper swimmers. It's no use for kids, and considering most people stop swimming when they leave school it's a bit of a white elephant. A leisure pool would generate much more income. Shields fair seems to do Ok and crazy golf is popular in every resort I've been that got one. Much as I hate to say it, we should be copying shields seafront

Cos one is an Olympic swimming pool which is for proper swimmers. It's no use for kids, and considering most people stop swimming when they leave school it's a bit of a white elephant. A leisure pool would generate much more income. Shields fair seems to do Ok and crazy golf is popular in every resort I've been that got one. Much as I hate to say it, we should be copying shields seafront
A crazy golf is planned iirc

Yes, one in the eye.

Sunderland has an amazing amateur swimming club - COSASC. The "white elephant" is a big step to Sunderland having a possible Olympic champion and keeping the population fit. The Aquatic centre raises the pool floor and has "fun and float" sessions and "duckling" sessions for kids to learn to swim - so to say it is no good for kids that is pushing it a bit. Kids can use the aquatic centre but you can't properly swim in a leisure pool. Ideal if we could have both but the aquatic centre is the better option.

Sunderland has an amazing amateur swimming club - COSASC. The "white elephant" is a big step to Sunderland having a possible Olympic champion and keeping the population fit. The Aquatic centre raises the pool floor and has "fun and float" sessions and "duckling" sessions for kids to learn to swim - so to say it is no good for kids that is pushing it a bit. Kids can use the aquatic centre but you can't properly swim in a leisure pool. Ideal if we could have both but the aquatic centre is the better option.
Right, no.1 the water temp is too cold for kids, as it's set for swimmers.
No. 2 - they have kids "sessions". It's not suitable all the time.
No.3 - Shields have managed to include a leisure pool and a proper pool.
No.4 - An Olympic champion. Woo hoo. That's a great consolation to me when I have to drive to shields and pay to park every week.
I've been to Haven Point/Temple Park almost every week since the bairn was born 9 years ago. I live 2 minutes from the aquatic centre and I've been once. Go figure.

No.4 - An Olympic champion. Woo hoo. That's a great consolation to me when I have to drive to shields and pay to park every week.
I've been to Haven Point/Temple Park almost every week since the bairn was born 9 years ago. I live 2 minutes from the aquatic centre and I've been once. Go figure.

Yalreet Len Fairclough

You always see the big picture. :lol:

Back