Save Seaburn

Why? It’s a superb place to live. Especially at the minute when you’re off work and the weather is good. Development is causing little or no issues at all unless you’re really looking for something.
I lived over there for 14 year between dyklands and sea road. It was the worst parking situation I ever lived with and I had the worst neighbour (admittedly could happen anywhere) considering I’ve lived in most of the council estates it came as a surprise. The parks and sea front were becoming over used with runs and events throughout the year to enjoy properly. There was a real anti social issue at the time I lived there, The place was dropping to bits 6/7 year ago when I moved, loads better now tbf.
I will be honest and say the only way I’d move back would have been to the bents but not at the minute with all work going on, not that I’m against it mind.
I’m not bigging up ashbrooke at all as it has it problems and I spend most of my time at my other half’s in ryhope but ashbrooke does have the feel of the bents. My son still lives in the house I left with his mother and by what he tells me there still seems to be the silly anti social problems happening regular that I encountered.

I lived over there for 14 year between dyklands and sea road. It was the worst parking situation I ever lived with and I had the worst neighbour (admittedly could happen anywhere) considering I’ve lived in most of the council estates it came as a surprise. The parks and sea front were becoming over used with runs and events throughout the year to enjoy properly. There was a real anti social issue at the time I lived there, The place was dropping to bits 6/7 year ago when I moved, loads better now tbf.
I will be honest and say the only way I’d move back would have been to the bents but not at the minute with all work going on, not that I’m against it mind.
I’m not bigging up ashbrooke at all as it has it problems and I spend most of my time at my other half’s in ryhope but ashbrooke does have the feel of the bents. My son still lives in the house I left with his mother and by what he tells me there still seems to be the silly anti social problems happening regular that I encountered.

I've lived between Dykelands and Sea Roads for 20 year and niver had a bit of bother tbh. Moved there to bring the kids up in a nice environment with a decent school and it's done the trick. There's sometimes a bit anti social behaviour down the beach when the weather is decent, but that's pretty much the same for most coastal beauty spots tbh.

Ashbrooke has great architecture, SR6 has a great big sea attached. Both great.

Just been on next door for the first time in ages, there’s some epic whinging going on mind. I’m sure some of the daft twats want everyone apart from local residents banned from seaburn altogether. f***ing fun sponges....
sr sixes only a great big private beach like you get in Italy
Every one else can go the Sheelzzzz
South siders have there own beach at hending

Permits for locals sounds a great idea

Councillor Doyle doesn’t seem to be objecting to the extra hours being applied for. Hartnacker is quiet on the subject also.

My mate who lives on the bents got two letters though his door on Thursday to ask him to object to the construction time extension request.

One from the residents of Huntcliffe and Cleveland avenue.

and another from an anonymous person / persons.

My mate who lives on the bents got two letters though his door on Thursday to ask him to object to the construction time extension request.

The tories are a bit quiet on this extension.

They might have been shown more goodwill if certain individuals hadn’t wiped dog shit on car door handles etc - reap what you sow

I love how it suddenly has an anti social problem that it didn’t before. I mean, when we were young you never saw kids drinking, smoking dope and sniffing glue down the dene, there were no gangs of lads roaming about setting fire to things or running amok smashing roker park up, there were never hoards of wrong uns from the council estates hanging round the fair and amusements and causing bother.

I love how it suddenly has an anti social problem that it didn’t before. I mean, when we were young you never saw kids drinking, smoking dope and sniffing glue down the dene, there were no gangs of lads roaming about setting fire to things or running amok smashing roker park up, there were never hoards of wrong uns from the council estates hanging round the fair and amusements and causing bother.
I love how it’s the lads from the council estates fault. Always a famous sr6 cry I noticed when living down there.

Back