Save Seaburn

No. A massive fuck off adventure playground is what I'd like to see. I've seen some truly amazing ones elsewhere. And bars/cafe/small shops - stuff like crazy golf or indoor golf. Space for a produce market.

Sunderland needs a leisure centre but it should be in the city centre. There's no need for it at Seaburn especially with Haven point close.
I like the idea of making a fair sized area multi use with hard and soft standing for markets, food festivals, Christmas fares, temp ice rinks, fairs, small gigs etc etc. If there’s something different every few weeks it’ll keep it fresh and the punters would support the full time businesses down there.

I like the idea of making a fair sized area multi use with hard and soft standing for markets, food festivals, Christmas fares, temp ice rinks, fairs, small gigs etc etc. If there’s something different every few weeks it’ll keep it fresh and the punters would support the full time businesses down there.

could you not put this on the Seaburn recreation park (big square bit of grass in front of what was the Marriott)?
There a few cafes already there and another opening in the tram shelter hopefully.

yeah it’ll be interesting to see how they come forward and who goes in to them. Also got the next phase of pier point at marine walk.

always though the hideout cafe could/should be a great venue As got a fantastic view, quite remote and a load of pace around it.

Last edited:
could you not put this on the Seaburn recreation park (big square bit of grass in front of what was the Marriott)?

yeah it’ll be interesting to see how they come forward and who goes in to them. Also got the next phase of pier point at marine walk.

always though the hideout cafe could/should be a great venue As got a fantastic view, quite remote and a load of pace around it.
The Hideout cafe is class.

Possibly, a biggish paved area up the top for the stages or temp ice rinks etc with a path meandering through so stalls can be placed either side. Aye I’d gan for that and it’s still open space half the time for modern kids to ignore :lol:

Possibly, a biggish paved area up the top for the stages or temp ice rinks etc with a path meandering through so stalls can be placed either side. Aye I’d gan for that and it’s still open space half the time for modern kids to ignore :lol:

that the point there is loads of space around Seaburn and roker even with developing the fairground site. Always thought they could do some form of adventure park at the bottom of roker park where the caves used to be open. Almost sheer cliff faces to climb up and you could zip wire from one side to the other etc...
The Hideout cafe is class.

you maybe right I just rarely go as very few shout about it.

that the point there is loads of space around Seaburn and roker even with developing the fairground site. Always thought they could do some form of adventure park at the bottom of roker park where the caves used to be open. Almost sheer cliff faces to climb up and you could zip wire from one side to the other etc...

you maybe right I just rarely go as very few shout about it.
Each to their own mate, some people love Fausto but I never go.

Each to their own mate, some people love Fausto but I never go.

me neither but I go to saddle skedaddle (i think which is similar to Fausto) or the cook house in Newcastle (ouseburn) a bit and they are good cafes. Also Holmeside coffee is good in the museum and winter gardens. Something similar to those would be good.

Interestingly a few are saying that they want a big park of sorts on the sea front referencing some mini golf development albeit the irony is that the site is surrounded by high rise residential development, not a supermarket, a car park, a few fish and chip shops and some fairly outdated amusements.

even with the development of that site there is ample space to develop such a scheme along the sea front or as part of the park or other green open space.

Last edited:
walked passed this morning,the Stack is flying up, talking to a lad from our gym who is in a 4+1 squad on the Miller site he reckons when the light nights start they'll be working overtime during the week and weekends will be worked too

walked passed this morning,the Stack is flying up, talking to a lad from our gym who is in a 4+1 squad on the Miller site he reckons when the light nights start they'll be working overtime during the week and weekends will be worked too
Stack will have to delay its opening I assume.

And sales will slow down for Millers. Probably be a few who have paid the £99 deposit pulling out. I've paused my move for now.

Back