Save Seaburn

True, when in fact there seems to have been a canny compromise. Both sides should be happy but like most internet issues the middle ground seems to be a sort of no mans land where no one dares occupy.
Spot on. Both sides are at fault. The SaveSeaburn campaign achieved almost what it wanted. Less than 150 residential dwellings, more leisure facilities and the Siglion monster slain. Yet it is kinda stuck now into a never-ending campaign given the environmental issues and loyalty due to those who supported the campaign even if this means having to support hardliners who just want the area grassed over and no developments whatsoever. On the other side of the spectrum,there is a gang of hardline trolls, whose frustration started when they noticed an opposition against their Siglion heroes. The frustration is understandable given the job (and love, Boris) opportunities they missed out on because of the relentless and justified SS campaign against Siglion. That frustration has grown into a full blown hate campaign where 5 - 6 lead protagonists, including the famous Fulwell social media couple, can’t cope with their frustration and the impact the demise of Siglion has had on their past, current and future life. This will most probably go on for many months even years to come. Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:

I’m Spartacus seems to get the most of it.

the posts seems to suggest that some of the people on here have mental health issues or are alcoholics and the forum should have been shut down after a paedophile incident.

the whole thing is getting out of hand.

I left that Facebook page months ago but I know every time I post something on here, Norm will be on there hurling spastic based insults about me on there.
Ah well as long as I’m taking the heat off someone who might be affected by internet abuse then happy days 👍
Spot on. Both sides are at fault. The SaveSeaburn campaign achieved almost what it wanted. Less than 150 residential dwellings, more leisure facilities and the Siglion monster slain. Yet it is kinda stuck now into a never-ending campaign given the environmental issues and loyalty due to those who supported the campaign even if this means having to support hardliners who just want the area grassed over and no developments whatsoever. On the other side of the spectrum,there is a gang of hardline trolls, whose frustration started when they noticed an opposition against their Siglion heroes. The frustration is understandable given the job (and love, Boris) opportunities they missed out on because of the relentless and justified SS campaign against Siglion. That frustration has grown into a full blown hate campaign where 5 - 6 lead protagonists, including the famous Fulwell social media couple, can’t cope with their frustration and the impact the demise of Siglion has had on their past, current and future life. This will most probably go on for many months even years to come. Exciting times ahead.
To be honest I was more than happy with the first campaign against the siglion development, It was shite. My beef with save seaburn started when it morphed from that to a witch hunt against the council by a self serving wannabe Tory councillor and a few nimbys not wanting an estate slightly extending.
Next door’s gone a bit mental, jermoan has lost the plot :lol:

Last edited:
I had no idea that's why he says it. thats disgusting that like. i hope the arsehole reads this
Oh he’ll read this. they all do. I don’t think it’ll make a bit of difference though. Imagine calling one of them that? you’d be banned within seconds. I’m actually not remotely bothered by the name calling, water off a ducks back and all that. It’s the fact the mods allow it because he’s on their side that’s shocking.
Actually ignore that, it’s not really a shock is it?

Does anyone know where the new car park entrance will be, is it off Dykelands Road and that side of the stream only or is it off Lowry Road and will the new car park be on both sides of the stream?

Does anyone know where the new car park entrance will be, is it off Dykelands Road and that side of the stream only or is it off Lowry Road and will the new car park be on both sides of the stream?

https://shapingsunderland.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/seaburn-update-april-2018.pdf

according this off Dykelands road and looks like all on the south site of the dene. Interesting that some on the save Seaburn pages condemned the tree felling but made no reference to the fact that they’ll be planting 22 new trees (I appreciate that the other trees were a lot more mature of course).

https://shapingsunderland.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/seaburn-update-april-2018.pdf

according this off Dykelands road and looks like all on the south site of the dene. Interesting that some on the save Seaburn pages condemned the tree felling but made no reference to the fact that they’ll be planting 22 new trees (I appreciate that the other trees were a lot more mature of course).
There is another plan on the Sunderland Council planning portal with car parks on both sides of the stream. Should find out soon cos Avant Homes cannot start until the new car park is built.

There is another plan on the Sunderland Council planning portal with car parks on both sides of the stream. Should find out soon cos Avant Homes cannot start until the new car park is built.

is that definitely the case? Having just read the planning consent condition 37 states that no development will be occupied until dykelands road car park has been constructed and made available for public use.

https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/onlin...1/pdf/16_02056_HY4-DECISION_NOTICE-890679.pdf

is that definitely the case? Having just read the planning consent condition 37 states that no development will be occupied until dykelands road car park has been constructed and made available for public use.

https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/onlin...1/pdf/16_02056_HY4-DECISION_NOTICE-890679.pdf
Your link didn’t work for me so the one I’ve got below might not work anarl.

I’ve seen plans for both and got no idea which one is going to get built.

Back