Save Seaburn

Of course not. Here’s a thing for you, you probably know this already though, Kath didn’t have anything to do with Save Seaburn until the miller site stuff started with the stables plan. All of a sudden... we’ll you know the rest.
But she is just one person in the huge SaveSeaburn machine, so many others objected for valid reasons whilst not even living near those fields.

I support it but didn’t register my support. There will have been loads like me. When you’re against something, you’re more likely to sign something where as in reality most people couldn’t give a fuck.

that is my response and can in many cases sway politicians to approve or reject a planning application, particularly when groups say that everyone is against something which is not true.

its a shame that the situation has been blighted by the drainage connection issue but hopefully it’s raised the issue / alarm to NWL and they put in place the necessary remedies.

In every campaign there are those who lie and those who see every bit of truth as a lie. Look at election campaigns, the Brexit campaign, the nonsense about climate change, etc etc
Of course there are. And alongside them will always be people who pull them up on their bullshit. Yin and Yang.
that is my response and can in many cases sway politicians to approve or reject a planning application, particularly when groups say that everyone is against something which is not true.

its a shame that the situation has been blighted by the drainage connection issue but hopefully it’s raised the issue / alarm to NWL and they put in place the necessary remedies.
I agree 100% but again, the whole process was blighted with bullshite and still is. There is not 370000 tonnes of raw sewage being dumped on the beach as claimed. There is 370000 tonnes of storm water which when the sewer is at full capacity can discharge treated a small amount of sewage at high tide. The alternative is it backing up and spilling in to the streets. This is not exclusive to Seaburn. Happens all over the world.

Last edited:
There is not 370000 tonnes of raw sewage being dumped on the beach as claimed. There is 370000 tonnes of storm water which when the sewer is at full capacity can discharge treated a small amount of sewage at high tide. The alternative is it backing up and spilling in to the streets. This is not exclusive to Seaburn. Happens all over the world.
The 370000 tonnes was not just storm water. Most of it was discharged in dry weather conditions...according to something I have read on FB

The gift that never stops giving , I thought he’d lost the plot when he claimed to be in the know about a huge new retail development stretching most of the length of dykelands road. Has the compulsory purchase started yet ?
Have you done a flyover recently?

The blue flag beach , one of just over 100 in the entire country
Blue flag’s results are flawed and misleading, I read it on next door. Iirc Whitburn wasn’t tested because it would have failed with the 370,000 mega tonnes of chods and Dracula’s tea bags all owa the knot so seaburn just scraped through (even though it’s the same f***ing beach)

Back