Save Seaburn

cheers, but fuck it. I have no need to get wound up by a few dickhead NIMBYs, they can gan get fucked.
Aye I'd not bother. I used to use it but stopped a few months ago. They totally took over the site. Shame as it's a canny little concept of a local help/support/discussion group that is not facebook. Mind, they get plenty of abuse on facebook when they were posting their rubbish too often on other local groups.

Ever get the feeling Kath is just the Loud Hailer for her strapping husband. When 'The Seaburn Stack' was proposed, he responded with this:
Mr Thompson (Objects)
Comment submitted date: Wed 21 Feb 2018
Once again consultation with local residents and the general public have been ignored and a make shift application has been cobbled together in a botched attempt to save face due to the collapse of Carillion. Who in the right mind would seriously consider the citing of shipping containers etc on what can only be described as a prime seafront location. I object wholeheartedly on the grounds of increased traffic congestion, lack of parking facilities and totally inappropriate development for the area. To think that the Seaburn Center is to be demolished and a monstrosity like the proposed development put in its place just beggars belief. Nice one Sunderland, Not!

Kath Added :
Mrs Kath
Comment submitted date: Tue 20 Feb 2018
I object to this application on the grounds there will be an increase of traffic ,litter pollution etc

Hmmmm! I wonder who the mouth is and who is the instigator?
Anyway , we are not buying a detached house there...overlooking a crappy row of terraced houses...fuck off!

Must admit they are cheap houses them like. Five bedrooms detached for £389k wow. That’s only a 5 bed semi or 4 bedroom detached if your luck in ashbrooke. WDSC.

Must admit they are cheap houses them like. Five bedrooms detached for £389k wow. That’s only a 5 bed semi or 4 bedroom detached if your luck in ashbrooke. WDSC.

Prices not released yet, some loon told me they would start at £485k for a 4 bed which is laughable , but then again the same ‘in the know’ reckons half of dykelands road is earmarked to be demolished for a retail park too

Is that not to do with the fact that most of the houses in Ashbrooke are terraced and you don’t get many detached? Not saying that’s a bad thing like, I do love the style of houses over there.

Is that not to do with the fact that most of the houses in Ashbrooke are terraced and you don’t get many detached? Not saying that’s a bad thing like, I do love the style of houses over there.
Very few semis and detached in Ashbrooke proper. Ashbrooke range/Cedars/Glen path only really. Everywhere else is terraced. Be paying upwards of £450k on those sstreets too.

Prices not released yet, some loon told me they would start at £485k for a 4 bed which is laughable , but then again the same ‘in the know’ reckons half of dykelands road is earmarked to be demolished for a retail park too
Tbh honest I was just looking at potters hill development and thinking they would be the same price. There doesn’t seem much difference in prices in most of their new builds, how much more will people pay to live on the front considering the potters hill development? 30-40k? Also not many plots left up there so the demand must be there. I would be breaking the bank for a house there if I lived over that way still, they have to increase in value as all the developments/investment start to take hold.
I know what you mean about ‘in the know’ got told a corker the other day by my mams fella about the footie team, a twenty minute conversation that ended with a bloke in the fish shop told him.

Ever get the feeling Kath is just the Loud Hailer for her strapping husband. When 'The Seaburn Stack' was proposed, he responded with this:
Mr Thompson (Objects)
Comment submitted date: Wed 21 Feb 2018
Once again consultation with local residents and the general public have been ignored and a make shift application has been cobbled together in a botched attempt to save face due to the collapse of Carillion. Who in the right mind would seriously consider the citing of shipping containers etc on what can only be described as a prime seafront location. I object wholeheartedly on the grounds of increased traffic congestion, lack of parking facilities and totally inappropriate development for the area. To think that the Seaburn Center is to be demolished and a monstrosity like the proposed development put in its place just beggars belief. Nice one Sunderland, Not!

Kath Added :
Mrs Kath
Comment submitted date: Tue 20 Feb 2018
I object to this application on the grounds there will be an increase of traffic ,litter pollution etc

Hmmmm! I wonder who the mouth is and who is the instigator?
Anyway , we are not buying a detached house there...overlooking a crappy row of terraced houses...fuck off!

It beggars belief really as didn’t the locals want leisure use down there instead of housing. If that is the case then how can they now use traffic congestion as the issue?

This is often the problem...people want to be consulted but only on the basis of what they want!! Which often is undeliverable or contrary to their original arguments...

It beggars belief really as didn’t the locals want leisure use down there instead of housing. If that is the case then how can they now use traffic congestion as the issue?

This is often the problem...people want to be consulted but only on the basis of what they want!! Which often is undeliverable or contrary to their original arguments...
Aye. One of their objections to the housing was increased traffic. But if leisure was built there the throughput of traffic would be much much worse. None of them will admit that they simply do not want to lose their open field and nice view. I don't blame them for that at all either.

Aye. One of their objections to the housing was increased traffic. But if leisure was built there the throughput of traffic would be much much worse. None of them will admit that they simply do not want to lose their open field and nice view. I don't blame them for that at all either.

The thing is that the stack surely won’t affect their view? Or are they based in seafields?

Back