Saudi Arabia to lift ban on cinemas

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

Public cinemas have been outlawed for last 30 years.

Looks like the new ruler is far more progressive in his outlook. Cinemas to reopen, Woman driving... only a matter of time before they open a club 18-30

Little steps but in the right direction. Should be applauded for what it is

Considering the dissolute playboy lifestyles their ruling family have enjoyed and the access to education and see the world and various cultures, they are the world's biggest hypocrites going to have promoted such a mediaeval set of laws

Considering the dissolute playboy lifestyles their ruling family have enjoyed and the access to education and see the world and various cultures, they are the world's biggest hypocrites going to have promoted such a mediaeval set of laws

oh I agree but they rule through fear as much as anything but its a very conveluted and complicated place balancing with the religious people who have huge sway.

Its a long long way from where ist shoudl be but certaionly the moves in the last year or two have been for the better

I said any progressive move should be applauded.

Hopefully on a transition away from beheading and executions too but I doubt it somehow. Maybe in 10-15 years.

Rome wasnt built in a day

I refuse to applaud them, he'll get a cursory nod for the cinema thing, but that's it.
Too many aspects of their society are practically medieval

Meh

The yanks electrocute them

Isn't that by choice of the condemned these days?

I refuse to applaud them, he'll get a cursory nod for the cinema thing, but that's it.
Too many aspects of their society are practically medieval

Thats fair enough. I'm far from defending them but as with many things in life.

give praise when due and criticism when due. Just because there are many things worng doesnt mena you cant say well done for an occasional thing done right

oh I agree but they rule through fear as much as anything but its a very conveluted and complicated place balancing with the religious people who have huge sway.

Its a long long way from where ist shoudl be but certaionly the moves in the last year or two have been for the better

Aye true enough, you can see what they're trying to do and what a hard road it will be

Back