SAS Who Dares Wins

Speaking of SAS did anyone go to the talk by Ranulp Fiennes last night at the Empire Theatre in sunderland?Really good racounteur,his show is great,i am going to see him at the adventure travel show this weekend in London,anyone gets the chance next time he is in sunderland go see him.
Yeah i did, was good very interesting. Seems his wife was the brains behind his expeditions!

There were two programmes which were mint. A documentary which followed a group of blokes trying to get into the french foreign legion - class programme, remember one lad total dark horse doing a yomp over the desert, they thought he’d fail and he got home, took his boots off and poured out a load of bloody sweat.
Other one was a programme follong
Young lads through Royal Marines selection, probably about 5 years ago..
My Mate Cliffy sykes was the PT instructor in that one
lived in monkwearmouth
Ollie is the one id least fuck with and the least friendly by a mile.

Billy and the other 3 don’t really get on all that well. Old SAS vs. SBS rivalry.

The fear is they start to become more of a parody of themselves and that’s the challenge for Minnow Films who make it. It’s a difficult format to keep fresh. C4 hoped Foxy would be as popular as Ant in his standalone shows, but despite being editorially stronger and better all-round programmes they bombed.
My brother in law is a retired Marines Sergeant ,he had Ant and Foxy through his training and keeps in touch with them
He said the format of the show is pretty much non stop "sickeners" and not that close to real selection .Some less than perfect physical specimens become Sas and SBS

Last edited:
Just put it on Netflix. Probably binge watch it.
THe first episode is gruesome !
First one very good, gives a new meaning to going loco down in Acapulco where you can get your head, arms, legs and nob cut off. The Mrs isn't keen on Mexico anymore for some reason. 😯

Aye i was sat with my mouth open, thinking can they actually show this !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant’s book is class, very open about what a tit he’s been. Out of all of them, I think Billy is great. He’s a proper hard case, he was class in the celebrity version, said he’d pull one of the blokes arm off and beat him up with it 😂 he just sat and shit himself.

Is he the one who wanted to have a scrap with Jason Cundy on Talksport after Cundy tried to take the piss?

My brother in law is a retired Marines Sergeant ,he had Ant and Foxy through his training and keeps in touch with them
He said the format of the show is pretty much non stop "sickeners" and not that close to real selection .Some less than perfect physical specimens become Sas and SBS

100% - it's filmed over a week! Hardly 'selection'. Meant to give a 'taste' of it, and does it pretty well I'd argue.
Inside the real narcos is a brilliant series, Foxy is very good.

Agree. Just no other fucker watched it.
Is the film about Middleton climbing Everest available anywhere on catch up? I couldn't find it last night.

It should be on All4 - Extreme Everest.

It was ad-funded by Berocca so should still be on there.....
It was ad-funded by Berocca so should still be on there.....

It is Extreme Everest with Ant Middleton

Last edited:

Back