Sartori

This is a completely speculative guess but I suspect that the following is the case:

1) Juan was brought in to bring additional financial strength and backing to the club;

2) He genuinely likes football and got wrapped up in the whole ethos of “mixing with the fans”;

3) He has backed the club financially by underwriting part of the Grigg acquisition;

4) His focus on us was only intended to be “ad hoc” not to be around the club so much;

5) Potentially considered to be the long term future owner of the club when he was appointed to the board;

6) His focus is and was primarily on his other money making businesses and his entrance into politics;

7) The interest of the FPP three ( plus MD as a passive) will mean that they want control and not have the club partially owned by a Uruguayan billionaire that they cannot guarantee will not bring any unwanted potential publicity to the club or themselves at any time in the future. I am guessing that any due diligence into Sartori’s businesses would be limited and inconclusive. I would imagine that their purchase arrangements is all subject to Sartori exiting;

8) The purchase offer would then be conditional on SD buying back Juan’s shares and then selling a block of 75%+ to FPP and granting them control without Sartori’s involvement;

9) SD had to raise capital to buyout Sartori and clear any loans that he made to the club;

10) Sartori wanted his shares purchased at the full acquisition price plus an exit from the board package;

11) SD sold his insurance company interested to raise the capital in order to secure the acquisition;

12) The final transaction is all dependent on closing all of the above in addition to actually just completing Due Diligence, EFl Approval and finally share acquisition.

All of the above is pure speculation and guesswork. I have absolutely no knowledge of what is going on but it sort of makes sense if you attempt to join the dots.

He is a billionaire and very successful businessman in his own right.

You do realise that many investors / directors do not have day to day roles don’t you?

Like I said earlier, being an investor / director doesn’t necessarily mean that you have a day to day job! Get used to it as I’m pretty sure that our new investors will not be prominent day to day.....
Interesting.

Seemed strange how quickly he moved on though, went from wanting to be a part owner of a football club in England (seemingly a long term thing since he wasn't expected to spend much initially) to suddenly wanting to spend all his time trying to get into Uruguayan politics after a few months. No harm done like, just a bit mental
I always got the impression that Juan was like an excitable child and easily distracted this whole Uruguayan presidential campaign sorta confirms that for me

He was gonna be announced as Honorary President of a newly formed Uruguayan branch of the supporters club but he then decided to run for president of the whole country so obviously that’s on the back burner as it’d provide ower much ammunition to his opponents and newspaper columnists and satirical comedians.
Aye mate. No moonlighting allowed down Montivideo like

Donald said on an early podcast that he gets bored easily and jumps from project to project. He's probably just lost interest.

I can belive that.
Also wasnt Donald meant to be the front for some Spanish investers who pulled out, I wonder if the plan was always to bring Sartori in short term knowing he will get bored and look to move on his shares after 1-2years

I can belive that.
Also wasnt Donald meant to be the front for some Spanish investers who pulled out, I wonder if the plan was always to bring Sartori in short term knowing he will get bored and look to move on his shares after 1-2years
Areet Bob lad - how's Vauxie?
i have not spoke to Cal for 2 month mate he has moved to Qatar in the last few weeks. oh and PS I don't think Sartori was ever going to be an investor like it was suggested. imo

Last edited:
Bizarre thing him like, I have witnessed fans getting photos with him and thanking him for what he had done to the club, he is literally done nothing, bought a few shares, which he will probably now sell

Its the only industry where shareholder get treated like heros.

Back