Sartori

Ashley In!!

Striker
With the takeover seemingly poised to be announced, I wonder what sartori's role is going to be? 12 months ago he was supposed to be coming on board with the finance to take us forward, but something seems to have changed and he rarely gets a mention these days.

With the takeover seemingly poised to be announced, I wonder what sartori's role is going to be? 12 months ago he was supposed to be coming on board with the finance to take us forward, but something seems to have changed and he rarely gets a mention these days.
The original plan was for him to be a passive investor, providing funds if needed. Clearly his own political ambitions have taken him in a different direction and that may have prompted SD to look elsewhere for investment, hence the Dell takeover

His involvement always seemed a bit strange.

Certainly did like. One of the first things he said was about wanting to bring loads of Uruguayans over; I know quite a few have dual passports but in general you can't just bring a load of kids across from Uruguay, they'd never get work permits. Thought it was a strange thing to suggest, then nowt happened with it, he watched some games on a stream, went to Wembley, then decided he'd rather be President of Uruguay and largely buggered off. I like him to be fair, seems a character, but don't think he'll stay around

Last edited:
The original plan was for him to be a passive investor, providing funds if needed. Clearly his own political ambitions have taken him in a different direction and that may have prompted SD to look elsewhere for investment, hence the Dell takeover

Maybe, but it's only been 12 months or so, I don't see that his ambitions have changed that much in that time.

Seemed strange how quickly he moved on though, went from wanting to be a part owner of a football club in England (seemingly a long term thing since he wasn't expected to spend much initially) to suddenly wanting to spend all his time trying to get into Uruguayan politics after a few months. No harm done like, just a bit mental

He was gonna be announced as Honorary President of a newly formed Uruguayan branch of the supporters club but he then decided to run for president of the whole country so obviously that’s on the back burner as it’d provide ower much ammunition to his opponents and newspaper columnists and satirical comedians.

Seemed strange how quickly he moved on though, went from wanting to be a part owner of a football club in England (seemingly a long term thing since he wasn't expected to spend much initially) to suddenly wanting to spend all his time trying to get into Uruguayan politics after a few months. No harm done like, just a bit mental

More money in Uruguayan politics if you get it right. Feckin no brainer.

He sold his wacky baccy farms to a Canadian pharmaceutical firm iirc.

More money in Uruguayan politics if you get it right. Feckin no brainer.

Probably right, but you'd think he'd have thought of that before randomly getting involved with English football. You must plan things like a presidential campaign more than a couple of months in advance? If he knew he was going for it, why bother joining us on a seemingly long term role? Like I say it's not done us any harm like, just yet another crazy footnote in the history of SAFC!

Suspect his role will be flogging his shares, streaming the odd match and probably watching himself on season 2 of Sunderland till I die on Netflix.

Last edited:

Back