Sarah Taylor retired due to anxiety

I believe everyone should have an opinion, not matter how skewed this opinion may be by an existing agenda or how unqualified they are to give one

Here is mine: Sarah Taylor is the best female wk ever. Her glove work and abilty to move her feet quickly whilst remaining balanced is far beyond anything Ive seen at club level

Is she the best in the world? No idea, Ive not seen enough of other keepers. Could she have kept in the mens game? Her technique looks good enough but it would have been a new challenge. Standing back with a wobbling ball would have took a lot of work.
In all likelihood, her batting would have excluded that

With all that in mind, we should really be celebrating a tremendous career and not trying to score some anti pc/virtue signalling points. As me ewld nana used to say, If you can’t say anything nice...........

Except I didn’t start with the virtue signalling.

It’s a forum about opinions and when muppets claim she’s the best wicketkeeper in the world - I am entitled to call them out on it.
Point of order, pretty much all the international seamers are above 70mph. Some of them are high 70s with the odd ball touching 80+

The women’s seamers? The last one I saw labelled as ‘quick’ was hovering around the 65mph mark. That Aussie they rave about.

A quick google search of the fastest woman in history shows a speed of 77mph (125kmph)

Last edited:

It’s a forum about opinions and when muppets claim she’s the best wicketkeeper in the world - I am entitled to call them out on it.

The women’s seamers? The last one I saw labelled as ‘quick’ was hovering around the 65mph mark. That Aussie they rave about.

A quick google search of the fastest woman in history shows a speed of 77mph (125kmph)
Yeah I asked the question then did some quick research looking on YouTube at the England game highlights. Quickest I saw across five different countries was 72mph from a South African woman, a small sample size but a world away from 80mph.

No you didnt but you did you in at the first opportunity to identify it as that which inevitably sparked a debate about woman’s cricket rather than sticking to the OT which was about her career
Im not gonna add anything else to this discussion as Im simply feeding your troll like attitude to the subject of women in sport by continuing to engage

Are you suggesting you can’t have an opinion if you’ve never played at the top level :neutral:

You should always be able to have a opinion, irrespective of the level you played

But in my opinion soon as a woman is mentioned your opinion is not objective and as such holds less sway, due to the clear agenda you have against women in sport and in the media.

Last edited:
Absolutely tragic that. Its hard to believe someone so talented would be riddled with anxiety, but these things rarely make sense.

Absolute bullshit from Gilchrist. Complete and utter virtue signalling, she’s never kept consistently to 85+ mph bowlers so that comparison can’t be made.

No surprises you're straight in to piss on the parade, you massive mysoginist.
You should always be able to have a opinion, irrespective of the level you played

But in my opinion soon as a woman is mentioned your opinion is not objective and as such holds less sway, due to the clear agenda you have against women in sport and in the media.

I hope he's gay as I pity the lass that puts up with that crack

Last edited:
No surprises you're straight in to piss on the parade, you massive mysoginist.

You can’t fault the facts I posted, so you aim a slur at me.

To be expected, you massive fucktard.

Except that isn’t true, because whenever I give my opinion, I always back it up with facts or detailed reasoning as to why I’ve come to the conclusion I have.

You see you are another one of these people who likes to aim slurs, but then when I offer to debate the points I raised, no debate tends to be forthcoming.

I stand fully by my claim that Gilchrist was merely virtue signalling. It was fantastic for his PR.

I also stand FIRMLY behind my opinion that Taylor was NOT the worlds best wicketkeeper and that she would NOT have been able to cut it in the men’s game - why? Well because she tried it and f***ing failed didn’t she? Perhaps because when faced with bowling that was between 10 and 30mph quicker than she was used to, she was found completely and utterly wanting.

So the facts back up what I’m saying and despite people constantly throwing clarts at me I still try to engage people in debate to reiterate my position.

Christ, I’ve even had some weapon hurling homophobic abuse at me, but do I ignore or report? No, because I’m not easily offended like many others on here. Continue to call me names, becauase all it proves is that you’ve got nothing of any value to add.

Have a nice night fellas ;)
No you didnt but you did you in at the first opportunity to identify it as that which inevitably sparked a debate about woman’s cricket rather than sticking to the OT which was about her career
Im not gonna add anything else to this discussion as Im simply feeding your troll like attitude to the subject of women in sport by continuing to engage

Yeah, I’m not a fan of virtue signalling or false platitudes - so it’s my right to call it out when I see it.

Look at it another way, the thread is still relevant thanks to the debate it sparked. You should be grateful ;)

Last edited:
Who could have predicted this thread would turn out this way?

Don’t like women’s cricket/women related to cricket? Don’t comment

Or alternatively. Accept that people will pick apart your shit

Did you not quote me in the hope I wouldn’t see your twatful attempt at a dig?

Nobody has yet managed to pick apart any argument I’ve put forward actually, funnily enough. So that’s bollocks. Still hoping someone engages me in debate about how Taylor is the worlds greatest, but I’m not holding my breath.

Don’t like women’s cricket, but hate virtue signalling more - so I’ve got to pull that up when I see it and there’s been an abundance of it on this thread.

Only thing I’m surprised at actually is that you didn’t throw out the M word. Time yet I suppose like.

Did you not quote me in the hope I wouldn’t see your twatful attempt at a dig?

Nobody has yet managed to pick apart any argument I’ve put forward actually, funnily enough. So that’s bollocks. Still hoping someone engages me in debate about how Taylor is the worlds greatest, but I’m not holding my breath.

Don’t like women’s cricket, but hate virtue signalling more - so I’ve got to pull that up when I see it and there’s been an abundance of it on this thread.

Only thing I’m surprised at actually is that you didn’t throw out the M word. Time yet I suppose like.
It’s a thread about a cricketer retiring. Because of anxiety

It’s not a thread about who is the best cricketer ever.

Let’s say it was a thread about Michael Carberry. Eh?

I repeat. If you don’t want to talk about women’s cricketers. Ignore it.

In my opinion......

Sarah Taylor has been the best wicket keeper in the world. Regardless of the amount of physical power and strength in her limbs.

Some people think she’s inept because she happens to be female. I’ve taught PE in secondary schools for nearly 30 years - some of the most talented and skilful cricketers happened to be girls over this period.

Physical strength is a hindrance to agility, speed and coordination in wicket keeping. Reaction time and visual cues to line and length of where the ball will pitch are not gender specific.

A shame for her and can totally relate to where she is coming from, she was a highly talented wicketkeeper (one of the best standing up to the stumps)

It’s a thread about a cricketer retiring. Because of anxiety

It’s not a thread about who is the best cricketer ever.

Let’s say it was a thread about Michael Carberry. Eh?

I repeat. If you don’t want to talk about women’s cricketers. Ignore it.

Threads tend to go off tangent all the time, not sure whether you’ve noticed that.

It isn’t a thread about Michael Carberry, that one happens to be a little further down the page you melt.

You can repeat it as many times as you want, but I won’t be taking orders from you, cheers ;)

Last edited:
You can’t fault the facts I posted, so you aim a slur at me.

To be expected, you massive fucktard.

Except that isn’t true, because whenever I give my opinion, I always back it up with facts or detailed reasoning as to why I’ve come to the conclusion I have.

You see you are another one of these people who likes to aim slurs, but then when I offer to debate the points I raised, no debate tends to be forthcoming.

I stand fully by my claim that Gilchrist was merely virtue signalling. It was fantastic for his PR.

I also stand FIRMLY behind my opinion that Taylor was NOT the worlds best wicketkeeper and that she would NOT have been able to cut it in the men’s game - why? Well because she tried it and f***ing failed didn’t she? Perhaps because when faced with bowling that was between 10 and 30mph quicker than she was used to, she was found completely and utterly wanting.

So the facts back up what I’m saying and despite people constantly throwing clarts at me I still try to engage people in debate to reiterate my position.

Christ, I’ve even had some weapon hurling homophobic abuse at me, but do I ignore or report? No, because I’m not easily offended like many others on here. Continue to call me names, becauase all it proves is that you’ve got nothing of any value to add.

Have a nice night fellas ;)

Yeah, I’m not a fan of virtue signalling or false platitudes - so it’s my right to call it out when I see it.

Look at it another way, the thread is still relevant thanks to the debate it sparked. You should be grateful ;)

I didn’t necessarily agree or disagree with you regarding Sarah Taylor, have not really seen enough of her to comment.

However what I have seen on here is that everytime a woman is discussed either in sport or in the media, you seem to have a extremely negative view of them, thus meaning in my view you not objective on subjects involving women.

That’s it really pretty sad in my opinion, but like you said earlier everyone allowed one.

I don’t abuse, report or ignore either, as engage in debate, however as far as women are concerned debate with you is not objective because based of your posts you consistently criticise them time and time again.

Last edited:
I didn’t necessarily agree or disagree with you regarding Sarah Taylor, have not really seen enough of her to comment.

However what I have seen on here is that everytime a woman is discussed either in sport or in the media, you seem to have a extremely negative view of them, thus meaning in my view you not objective on subjects involving women.

That’s it really pretty sad in my opinion, but like you said earlier everyone allowed one.

I don’t abuse, report or ignore either, as engage in debate, however as far as women are concerned debate with you is not objective because based of your posts you consistently criticise them time and time again.

I am completely objective - because like I say, every single time it comes up, I back up my opinion with clear and fulsome reasoning. Go and have a look again, everything I’ve said has been acompanied by reasons WHY I've reached that conclusion. Something that you however, have neglected to do - other than make a lazy assumption.

Again, when someone hurls insults, it normally means they’ve got nothing meaningful to respond with. Don’t just take this thread for it, look back as long as you wish. The fact is, I do it with everything. I do it when talking against FTECB, I do it when talking about the hundred and I certainly do it with Durham and England. Evidence and reasoning in abundance.

However, people only seem to pull it up when it’s to do with women’s cricket and if you’d like to go onto any internet search engine and search ‘Virtue Signalling’ you’ll find that exactly matches the above discription.

So once more, people only see this supposed ‘agenda’ because they’re not capable of being objective themselves. Funny really. You’ve spent so much time trying to slur me, without any definitive evidence or reasoning that in actual fact all you’ve done is prove it is YOU who cannot be objective. You’re not alone either. Perhaps a few more on here need to look a bit closer to home and ask themselves if they are truly capable of objectivity.

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone though :)

I am completely objective - because like I say, every single time it comes up, I back up my opinion with clear and fulsome reasoning. Go and have a look again, everything I’ve said has been acompanied by reasons WHY I've reached that conclusion. Something that you however, have neglected to do - other than make a lazy assumption.

Again, when someone hurls insults, it normally means they’ve got nothing meaningful to respond with. Don’t just take this thread for it, look back as long as you wish. The fact is, I do it with everything. I do it when talking against FTECB, I do it when talking about the hundred and I certainly do it with Durham and England. Evidence and reasoning in abundance.

However, people only seem to pull it up when it’s to do with women’s cricket and if you’d like to go onto any internet search engine and search ‘Virtue Signalling’ you’ll find that exactly matches the above discription.

So once more, people only see this supposed ‘agenda’ because they’re not capable of being objective themselves. Funny really. You’ve spent so much time trying to slur me, without any definitive evidence or reasoning that in actual fact all you’ve done is prove it is YOU who cannot be objective. You’re not alone either. Perhaps a few more on here need to look a bit closer to home and ask themselves if they are truly capable of objectivity.

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone though :)

At times on this board I have enjoyed debate with yourself and you clearly love cricket and talking about it, don’t think anyone could dispute that for one second or the the fact you back up your arguments with reason, although admittedly a lot of times I disagree with your reasoning as we have fundamentally diffrent views on cricket.

Which is asboutely fine as we both entitled to our opinion, and quite a few times we have come from diffrent angles in discussions which again is totally fine, that is what this board is all about for me respecting each other’s opinions even if you disagree with them.

I don’t want to slur you in anyway just disagree with a lot of your views as you do mine.

However for you to claim you are completely objective when discussing women in sport, does you no favours whatsoever as all your posts suggest otherwise and you will lose respect imo, by keep pretending your are!!

I don’t see my observation as a insult to you at all, just a opionion based of your posts when taking about women.

Last edited:
However for you to claim you are completely objective when discussing women in sport, does you no favours whatsoever as all your posts suggest otherwise and you will lose respect imo, by keep pretending your are!!

Repeating what you’ve said time and time again doesn’t make it factually correct you know.......

Yet again you make the claim, which again is no more than a slur (thought you said you didn’t want to do that :rolleyes:) but fail to provide any facts or evidence to back up that slur.

It’s there again for all to see. You lack the ability to be objective because once again you’ve fired an insult based on nothing but misguided opinion.

My post history also heavily leans towards me loving cricket and especially loving Durham - does that mean I can’t be objective about those things too?

The proof is, the same people following you around liking your posts against me hold no ability of objective either.

The gauntlet has been laid down. Crack on ;)

Last edited:
I
Repeating what you’ve said time and time again doesn’t make it factually correct you know.......

Yet again you make the claim, which again is no more than a slur (thought you said you didn’t want to do that :rolleyes:) but fail to provide any facts or evidence to back up that slur.

It’s there again for all to see. You lack the ability to be objective because once again you’ve fired an insult based on nothing but misguided opinion.

My post history also heavily leans towards me loving cricket and especially loving Durham - does that mean I can’t be objective about those things too?

The proof is, the same people following you around liking your posts against me hold no ability of objective either.

The gauntlet has been laid down. Crack on ;)

Not sure about any gauntlet been laid down as don’t see it as a medieval duel!!

Don’t see it as slurs or insults either, just don’t think you do yourself any favours on any cricketing subjects where women are involved and it appears I am not the only one who thinks that.

You more than intelligent enough to draw you only conclusions from why you think that is.

Oh, so you want ME to give you the answer now?! f***ing hell.

As for the gauntlet, it’s an expression you melt.

Just going to leave it now as do not want to get into a tit for tat insults will just ingore the melt comment.

Should have known better getting involved in the first place.
You were obviously not going to accept my view and my opinion that your have a unconcious bias towards women in sport, it's was incredibly naive for me to think you would.

Last edited:

Back