Sarah Payne - awful story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the public gallery at the Old Bailey last year. The defendant was obviously pleading not guilty (the others in the gang had pleaded guilty and got 14 years at previous hearing). The defendant was the driver , caught on camera when the police tip off worked and they were caught after 22 robberies across London. His phone was even giving off a signal at the precise location where the robberies took place ..........at the precise time.

It was a nailed on , slam dunk, throw the feckin keys away when he gets banged up.

Prosecution spent 5 mins summarising.........in essence don't believe his excuses he is as guilty as sin. Then the defence QC got to work for the next 90 mins and he was utterly brilliant.....he unpicked it all and at the end had me seriously questioning my judgement.

Talk about trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Your man was convicted but it was the best example of the justice system in operation that I've witnessed.
'Public gallery' or in the box? :lol::lol:

Yes. It's literally the whole point of our justice system.
You're different to me then. I wouldn't be able to help myself being more committed to a (to me) clearly innocent person charged with a heinous crime, than a (to me) clearly guilty monster. It's a human thing.

You're different to me then. I wouldn't be able to help myself being more committed to a (to me) clearly innocent person charged with a heinous crime, than a (to me) clearly guilty monster. It's a human thing.
Just means you'd be a shit barrister in criminal cases marra. No shame in that, there are plenty of different avenues you could take in your career in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back