Santy or Santa?

Is it? How's that then?

When I say "You" I didn't mean you yourself, I meant Christians getting offended by Xmas. If they knew more about it maybe they wouldn't be offended by it.
I suspect the vast majority of people don't know why it's reduced to Xmas

Incidentally, I grew up in Bishop - on the wear therefore Wearside :lol: - and I've never heard anyone call him "Santy"
Santah yes, Santy? No.

Last edited:
When I say "You" I didn't mean you yourself, I meant Christians getting offended by Xmas. If they knew more about it maybe they wouldn't be offended by it.
I suspect the vast majority of people don't know why it's reduced to Xmas

Incidentally, I grew up in Bishop - on the wear therefore Wearside :lol: - and I've never heard anyone call him "Santy"
Santah yes, Santy? No.
The ones I know who do get offended do know the background. They believe that we should be proud to use the full name as they are living in a country which allows freedom of expression with regards to religion.

I see both sides, as that also implies that you should allow others to call it as they wish providing its not offensive or oppressive.

I tend to use the full word but have probably abbreviated in moments of laziness.

The ones I know who do get offended do know the background. They believe that we should be proud to use the full name as they are living in a country which allows freedom of expression with regards to religion.

I see both sides, as that also implies that you should allow others to call it as they wish providing its not offensive or oppressive.

I tend to use the full word but have probably abbreviated in moments of laziness.

If we live in a country which allows freedom expression with regards to religion, they should be ok that people use Xmas.
More often or not, it's used as an abbreviation so people can fit it on posters or whatnot.

I don't say "Xmas" in fact I think I rarely write it. It's weirdly easier - possibly out of habit - to just write Christmas

Back