Santander

Someone sent me a cheque a couple of months ago I bank with Barclays I took a photo of the cheque using their banking app. They said to rip the cheque up in a week I had the money in my account within the day
I can do it with my Bank of Scotland app, which is just as well as the nearest bank to me is 30 odd miles away - I don't think that Santander, who I also have an account with, offer that service in the UK yet

I can do it with my Bank of Scotland app, which is just as well as the nearest bank to me is 30 odd miles away - I don't think that Santander, who I also have an account with, offer that service in the UK yet

Santander are a bit shit. I had a mortgage with them and they would email me saying I could overpay online but I tried and I couldn't as I didn't bank with them. I used to have to ring them up to overpay and even on the phone they'd tell me I could overpay online or with the app. That should be basic stuff

I think you can do that here if it is a Cash & Deposit machine. However, I know my bank (Natwest) tends to only have these attached to main branches.

Yeah I'm NatWest too, the 1 in Shields does it and the 1 at the Galleries doesn't (or the other way round)

They’re shite, closed my account with them and moved last week. Had £500 nicked from my account year before last, someone in Istanbul treating themselves.

Phoned up to ask what the crack was and got asked ‘are you not in Istanbul?’ I’d bought a sarnie in Wallsend Asda that morning using the same card. Took ages to get my money back as well.

Had a credit card off them and it wasn possible pay the bill via the mobile app, always had to log on with the laptop to do it.

I think they need to step into 2021

Or just set up DD, and dont need to think about it.

I suspect if you had a current account with them, you could do an internal transfer with them to pay off (Nationwide is exactly the same)

Santander are a bit shit. I had a mortgage with them and they would email me saying I could overpay online but I tried and I couldn't as I didn't bank with them. I used to have to ring them up to overpay and even on the phone they'd tell me I could overpay online or with the app. That should be basic stuff
I've banked with them for 15 years and they're spot on as an account and loan provider but the mortgage side is shockingly poor from what I can gather - I have my mortgage elsewhere so it's never been an issue for me
Or just set up DD, and dont need to think about it.

I suspect if you had a current account with them, you could do an internal transfer with them to pay off (Nationwide is exactly the same)
This - it's a piece of piss to make a payment on the app if you have an account with them

Last edited:
I got a refund in form of a cheque from an insurance company for not doing the mileage in the last year with my car. Cheques are still used, getting a refund off an insurance company was the shock all be it a pleasant and unexpected one.
Learn something every day didn't know handing refunds out for that ? How did they know unless you claimed refund ? Whatever congrats

Learn something every day didn't know handing refunds out for that ? How did they know unless you claimed refund ? Whatever congrats
I got a letter saying would you like a cheque for £20 within 30 days for yourself or tick a box and donate it to charity. I ticked the box for yours truly.

Paid off a car agreement last week. Tried to part ex it for a new one and had to go empty-handed because Santander can't send confirmation of it being paid till tomorrow.

More interested in doing stupid adverts with Ant and Dec than doing their jobs. No doubt their staff are still working from home; too busy walking their dogs and having naps while the rest of us actually graft.

Last edited:

Back