Sancho

Got to mix it up a tad, we were toothless last night and couldn't break down f***ing Scotland man. If this bloke is talented and a potential game changer we should certainly be giving him a blast, we need to utilise the players we have.

We need pace in the team
We had it for the Qualifiers and we tore teams apart including the Czechs
We are so slow and negative at the moment it’s like Roy Hodgson is England manager again
I would bring in Saka & sancho for the next game and have a bloody go

It should have been Sancho - Fodan - Grealish from the start of the tournament. As already mentioned, if Phillips is there to play higher up the pitch, why not play a more attacking minded midfielder in his place ie. Mason Mount.

Sancho gets better and better every game England do not thrash someone. He seems very good from what I have seen mind, putting him ahead of Foden would be daft but a sub for Sterling is the first step.
Foden had a good first three minutes to the tournament and had done the square root of f*ck all since then. He looks to me like the latest one who thinks he's made it before he's made it. Give me a player with goals, assists and a German mentality over somebody who is more interested in dying their hair for a tournament, any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Whilst only 2 games in, yet more changes and Southgate will start to lose the faith of the players.

The most worrying aspect of the other night was the substitution of Foden for Grealish. If he thinks we can only have one at a time, we are done for.

The two defensive midfielders are the problem, he is just wasting a place.
Foden had a good first three minutes to the tournament and had done the square root of f*ck all since then. He looks to me like the latest one who thinks he's made it before he's made it. Give me a player with goals, assists and a German mentality over somebody who is more interested in dying their hair for a tournament, any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
That just ignores everything he has achieved in a brilliant season at Manchester City. He is our most talented player and would be a starter for all the good teams.

Last edited:
Shouldnt be ahead of foden, hes our best player, foden should be played more centrally to get on the ball more and make things happen. Sancho shoulf be ahead of sterling
This lad knows. Foden should be playing where mount is. We need a proper old fashioned winger, so I’d play Sancho on the right, to help Kane along, and then a son type inside forward on the left, so one of Sterling, Rashford, etc., there, or could even get mount in that role as he’s played out there for Chelsea. The balance of the side at present is shocking

Sancho gets better and better every game England do not thrash someone. He seems very good from what I have seen mind, putting him ahead of Foden would be daft but a sub for Sterling is the first step.
I’d play foden and mount in centre mid with rice/Phillips/Henderson to accommodate sancho and grealish personally

It irritates me to hear things like “we’re being realistic about Sancho” coming out of the camp, I’m properly fed up with England squad selections. When you look at Spain for example, they play a just turned 18 year old in pedri, they have no worries about playing him.
but we always do the same thing.. we take our talent and don’t play them, I’m literally fuming with Southgate and to be quite honest I wanted him sacked as soon as the line up against Croatia was announced.

if the players are good enough to be named in the squad then f***ing play them when the ones you actually pick in the XI don’t perform!

Should definitely start the next game, as should Grealish. Bellingham should also start in place of one of the two holding midfielders.

won’t happen tho.

Dear me

I don't know how Sterling didn't get hooked last night. He was responsible for most of our promising moves breaking down. Awful.
Kane is getting zero service. Why do we always do this at finals
I didn't think Sterling was the worst culprit.
2 sitting CMs we didn't need was the main issue for me, and that Mount did absolutely nowt all game.
Grealish could have taken one of the CM positions and Sancho for Mount?

Where to even begin with this.

Back