Samsung Galaxy S8

Status
Not open for further replies.

I moved from iphone to s7 last year as I hated itunes. However when contract is up I'll be going back. The apps and os on iphone is far superior.
My gallery keeps going tits up not loading and blank screens. Its stored ro memory card which is a sandisk so not a cheap one. Selfies are also wank.on the s7. They are always blurred out airbrushed effect. I think they have rectified this tho by putting af on the front facing s8 camera.

I moved from iphone to s7 last year as I hated itunes. However when contract is up I'll be going back. The apps and os on iphone is far superior.
Plus the so called gorilla glass is shit. My s7 is 10 month old and scratched all over screen off just light pocket wear. I didnt have a mark on iphone screen after two years.

Dropped and smashed my S7 Edge a day after getting it. The advert is a pack of f***ing lies
My s7 is scratched to bits after 10 month. My iphones were unmarked after two year contracts.

Last edited:
What's up with it? Can't fault mine

Can't fault mine either mate, it's a very nice phone. I've had a lot of Samsung phones and had no bother with them. If this S7 Edge had the sound capabilities of my old HTC M8 then it really would be the icing on the cake for me.

What's everyone view then?

I've grabbed an s8 (not the s8+) and can't decide if I like it.

Build wise, amazing. Screen is amazing.

Not sure about the default modes of scaling the speed down and the resolution mind! What are they worried about here?

It's faster than the OP3 it seems (both usage and power under the hood) but surprised at the camera being the same as the s7. Seems decent though, again better than the OP3.

And it is still slower to use than the iPhone 7. Madness considering this is a brand new device!!!

They'll have left some useful feature off from the S7 and included some load of balls that nobody wants or cares about.

A basket case of a company that only continues to exist due to it being too big to fail
Samsung account for 50% of Korea's GDP, apparently.

I know this thread is about the S8/S8+, but there are a few who have switched both ways. I have had iPhones since the 3G, I have an aging macbook and an aging iPad, my apple TV has been replaced so I am getting less and less locked into the apple ecosystem. However there is one big thing I cant ignore and that is iMessage. I only know 2 people who doesn't use an iPhone and am regularly in group chats that are so easy on iMessage. If I was on a Android (the S8+ would be the one to tempt me) then I'd be either using SMS and have people pay for photo messages or have them have to use something like whatsapp so you become the one that misses out because people just cant be arsed to have the same conversation on iMessage and on whatsapp. With iPhones being so popular I cant be the only one who has this issue?

I know this thread is about the S8/S8+, but there are a few who have switched both ways. I have had iPhones since the 3G, I have an aging macbook and an aging iPad, my apple TV has been replaced so I am getting less and less locked into the apple ecosystem. However there is one big thing I cant ignore and that is iMessage. I only know 2 people who doesn't use an iPhone and am regularly in group chats that are so easy on iMessage. If I was on a Android (the S8+ would be the one to tempt me) then I'd be either using SMS and have people pay for photo messages or have them have to use something like whatsapp so you become the one that misses out because people just cant be arsed to have the same conversation on iMessage and on whatsapp. With iPhones being so popular I cant be the only one who has this issue?
I thought everyone just used whatsapp now. I don't know anyone who uses iMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back