Samosas

Proper samosas must always be veg, FACT.

One of the massive benefits of living in a very long time multi-culture area as I do, the food!

Fantastic little shop by my house (right next door to one of the largest Sikh temples in the country.. the shop, not my house) that sell all kinds of freshly cooked Indian treats. I usually stop by on my way home from the match and get £2 worth (4 for a pund), to go with my usual satdee curry, best samosas I've ever had, and the dipping sauce they serve with them.. like a spicy yet cooling tomato .. Bostin. ;)

Are samosas and onion bhajis an English Indian thing? Here in Sweden, Indian restaurants rarelt sell samosas and I've never seen an onion bhaji here

The home made ones from Brighton Grove Store are the best I’ve had (outside of India).
Get there early and they are still warm.
50p each aswel.
Also have pakoras,bhajis

One of the massive benefits of living in a very long time multi-culture area as I do, the food!

Fantastic little shop by my house (right next door to one of the largest Sikh temples in the country.. the shop, not my house) that sell all kinds of freshly cooked Indian treats. I usually stop by on my way home from the match and get £2 worth (4 for a pund), to go with my usual satdee curry, best samosas I've ever had, and the dipping sauce they serve with them.. like a spicy yet cooling tomato .. Bostin. ;)
We used to get them from a shop opposite the temple on the Soho road. They were lush like. Haven't been up there for a while now

Lamb ones canny
Vegetable ones not bad
Chicken ones should be swerved.

What's your take on them?

There is a Pakistani restaurant an hour drive from my house that does the best ones in Qatar, the food is beautiful after seeing this thread I'm on my way, I will update later with pictures.

I worked at New Street Station for 4 years. A lad i worked with from down your way used to bring curries in that an indian bloke used to sell in his pub. We would put orders in for them, they were delicious. Obviously used to nip to vine sometimes after being on earlies and also an old workmans club where a bloke has about 3 bbqs on the go.

Back