Same 3 Up Same 3 Down

Has there ever been a season when the 3 relegated teams from the Premier league have all went straight back up while the 3 promoted teams have went straight back down. The bottom 3 in the premier League and the top 3 in the championship are currently those very teams. Just wondering.

No. It would have happened if we had beaten Charlton in the famous Play Off final in the late 90s

Which, in case anybody needs a refresher, we didn't
This is correct. Still the most mental game I've ever been to, that. A proper SAFC thing to be involved in. I remember myself and my mate looked at each other as soon as Gray kicked the ball, we both knew he'd fluffed it. We both didn't look up for about 5 minutes. Shattered.

We bumped into Karl Howman and Ray Winston after the match, one of the lads got their autographs and I asked Howman if he had any spare bottles of Flash... how witty.

Has there ever been a season when the 3 relegated teams from the Premier league have all went straight back up while the 3 promoted teams have went straight back down. The bottom 3 in the premier League and the top 3 in the championship are currently those very teams. Just wondering.
We be on 9 points if in the PL with our squad this season if we won the playoffs last spring

Back