Sam Fender

I really like his music, he's a good songwriter and has found himself a sound that is serving him well. He also appears to be a really funny lad judging by his videos when he's messing about. So yeah spot on.

My problem with him now is the same as every other mag, the fact that they're celebrating and lapping up this murderous regime all for the promise of potential success on a f***ing football pitch. It's made all the worse for Fender given he's been singing about kids in Gaza and the wrongs of the world.

I mean, the truth is he might just not give a fuck and his lyrics are just words in songs that he sings. But you lose all moral credibility when you're celebrating the Saudis.
Agree with all of this like, thankfully I can separate his music and what and who he supports. Listening to him this morning.

was quite chuffed when I asked the youth at work " WTF is this shit he sounds like he's in pain" the other day and it was him, so I don't just dislike him because he's a stinking skunk

I really like his music, he's a good songwriter and has found himself a sound that is serving him well. He also appears to be a really funny lad judging by his videos when he's messing about. So yeah spot on.

My problem with him now is the same as every other mag, the fact that they're celebrating and lapping up this murderous regime all for the promise of potential success on a f***ing football pitch. It's made all the worse for Fender given he's been singing about kids in Gaza and the wrongs of the world.

I mean, the truth is he might just not give a fuck and his lyrics are just words in songs that he sings. But you lose all moral credibility when you're celebrating the Saudis.
He's still young,lots of the saudi stuff is overlooked by the very people who condemn other regimes .At top levels too. You can choose your battles as you go i suppose . Way to ott Geordie for me but he's talented .

There were some tunes playing in the pub last week when I was in, put on by the barmaid I think. Wasn’t sure who it was but sounded a lot like “The war on drugs” which was very unlikely to be played in there. My mate told me it was all Sam fender stuff, definite influence with some of his band there.

I dont mind him tbh. Think his latest album is pretty good and it has some songs on there that really remind me of my youth and my relationship with family members.

I'll forgive him his geordie roots as i'm not a bellend. Good to see lads from the NE doing well on a national and probably international scale.

I've still never heard one of his songs all the ways through and couldn't tell you what they're called. Heard snippets on ads for his stuff on youtube and certainly sounds canny enough if not a little Sterephonicsesque.

Back