Sam Fender

Genuinely don't see where you are coming from here. He sounds anything but daft in the interviews I've heard. Just a canny and normal northern lad.

It's more his merchandising and stuff. It's still the culture to hide your cleverness in the north east though.

Got a lot of time for him. Hypersonic Missiles puts me in mind of Bruce Springsteen for some reason. Not saying he's in that league but that's the feeling it gives me.

It's more his merchandising and stuff. It's still the culture to hide your cleverness in the north east though.

To me he just comes across as shy and unsure of himself when he's on camera.

Edit: without a guitar of course. Like so many young musicians that's a bit of a shield for him.

Last edited:
Got a lot of time for him. Hypersonic Missiles puts me in mind of Bruce Springsteen for some reason. Not saying he's in that league but that's the feeling it gives me.

To me he just comes across as shy and unsure of himself when he's on camera.

Edit: without a guitar of course. Like so many young musicians that's a bit of a shield for him.
Aye Bruce meets the Killers .Can only see the usual big album then sent into oblivion for him .

love these local lads

Last edited:
Too much so in fact.
Aye Bruce meets the Killers .Can only see the usual big album then sent into oblivion for him .

Nailed it.

He needs to lose the accent

love these local lads
Wasn't sure of the last song I saw of theirs but they're miles more interesting than Lilliput ever were like. I think his voice has improved a bit anarl.

Last edited:
In fine voice at TRNSMT. Missing out on Glastonbury has probably slowed his rise a bit, which is probably a good thing long term.

From The Guardian :lol:

"There isn’t a taxi driver in Newcastle who doesn’t have something to say about Sam Fender, local lad done good. There’s the one who confides, as if revealing an insider secret, that he’s “a nice kid, and a star for the future.” Another, who says: “We’ve got him, Ant and Dec and Cheryl Cole who feel proud to be geordie – not like Alan Shearer, he’s arrogant.”

Music for people who listen to mainstream radio. I'm not a fan of that style at all it's over produced and his voice is kind of annoying the way he pronounces things - not because he's from the North East I like loads of NE singers.

Back