Sam Allardyce wants return to management with Sunderland as mega-bucks US consortium eye takeover

I’d have Gus back over BSA mind. The players also loved playing for him. But like many of them, he needs a calming influence alongside him. An old head.
Like so many the thing he needs is the one thing he wouldn’t accept. Absolutely hates the idea of having someone above him but it’s the one thing he desperately needs. Some with Keane.

Surely the summer when he left 100% of fans would have wanted him to stay. The way we finished that season it finally looked like we were about to achieve something.

He left for the England job, so no one at all should be holding that against why.

So why now are a lot of people against him coming back? I don't get the hatred? I'd have him back in a second!

Like so many the thing he needs is the one thing he wouldn’t accept. Absolutely hates the idea of having someone above him but it’s the one thing he desperately needs. Some with Keane.

You mean as a d of f or as manager with them as assistant?

Keane has done the latter but think he is looking to try being manager again. Possibly with an older head as his assistant?

I liked Gus a lot and enjoyed the way he tried to get us to play. Wish we had peddled congerton instead.

despite his reputation we played some excellent football under BSA

i don' think he'd come to a league one club but if he would i'd have him back in a heartbeat

would have us back in the premierleague within 3 seasons if he was backed

We did play good football but we had some good players that season, Kirchhoff, Kaboul, M'Vila, PvA, Defoe, Khazri etc. Possibly the most talented squad we'd had in a while after Sam had that great January transfer window.

Not sure it could be repeated at this level with this squad.

Back