Salary Sacrifice cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkyexile

Striker
Anyone here have one? Apparently we can get them from work on a scheme similar to cyclescheme run by Pendragon (vardy`s company?) Whats the deal with them and tax, and do they work out any better value than ticking one on?

Anyone here have one? Apparently we can get them from work on a scheme similar to cyclescheme run by Pendragon (vardy`s company?) Whats the deal with them and tax, and do they work out any better value than ticking one on?
Money comes from your salery before tax?

The rules changed in April this year so the list of cars where you save tax is much more limited - basically just ultra low emissions cars like hybrids or electric cars.

It works similar to Cyclescheme in that you pay for it out of your salary before tax but depending on what car you get, you'll pay some or all of the tax saving back.

I got knocked back about 8 years ago because after the cost of the car came out of my wage I'd be coming away with less than minimum wage. I argued yeah but I'd have a car. They still said no.

Since the scrapping of tax benefits it may not be worth it. Our provider have upped monthly prices by approx £100 compared to last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back