Sajid Javid - Asian Paedophile Gangs

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Aituk7, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Sajid Javid: People offended by 'Asian' paedophile comment 'oversensitive'

Sajid Javid: People offended by 'Asian' paedophile comment 'oversensitive'

The home secretary says he was simply stating a "sad truth" that will "fuel" the far-right unless it is confronted.

Sajid Javid has defended branding a grooming gang "sick Asian paedophiles", saying those who criticised him for it were being "oversensitive".

His Labour shadow, Diane Abbott, was among those to criticise the post, saying that "attempts by… the government to attribute these crimes to one ethnic group does nothing to support these vulnerable women".

Speaking from Seattle, Washington, Mr Javid explained why he had commissioned research since the trial to "see if there are any cultural issues".

"I don't regret it at all," he told Sky News.

He added that "part of the problem" was that police and social workers "didn't take this issue seriously enough because they didn't want to be accused of racism and that's wrong".

Well said, seriously, well fucking said. Not only addressing the issue (he didn't mention the religious element, but I'll let that slide) because for the home secretary to call it what it is, explain that not addressing the issue properly fuels the far right, which it most certainly does at a detriment to our country and that he has commissioned a report to be made into this is imo only right.

But for Dianne Abbott to bring ethnicity into it, when "asisns" aren't a fucking ethnicity for one the clown. The thing is she might have actually had a point had she said it's not a majority Asian problem, it's a majority muslim pakistani/bangledeshi problem... but I'm so glad in this current culture of people constantly apologising he has doubled down and stuck to his guns.

2. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Abbott is an arse.

3. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

Abbott showing yet more why her lot should not be in power as they are even more mental than the tories which takes some doing.

Well play Home Secretary for saying it how it is, not often that happens.

4. ravydavygravy

ravydavygravy Striker

Off her tits that Abbot fella.

5. GK

GK Striker Contributor

Asian isn't an ethnicity? Since when?

6. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Was Tommy Robinson right then..

Macho, bryc1 and Aituk7 like this.
  7. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

"Asian" is a pretty sweeping generalisation mind

8. It's divisive from the tories which is no surprise, I can see Abbotts point here despite her being generally loathsome

9. ---Nemo---

---Nemo--- Striker

Brave man IMO. Not only his career at risk and I can understand why he didn't mention religion.

Aituk7 and BiffaBeercan like this.
  10. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Her lot? Wimen of colour? Disgusting.

Aituk7 likes this.
  11. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Mainly Pakistani and muslim would be a better description. Not as quick a soundbite though.

fecker, Lord Alfred and Aituk7 like this.
  12. r@mside

r@mside Winger

Did I read it wrong, or did Javid confess that raping kids is part of his culture?

No wonder he was drawn to Westminster.

BIG BAZ and houghton cut head like this.
  13. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

Labour, stop being a millenial snowflake full of faux outrage.

Mackem00 likes this.
  14. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Americans say "people of colour" and that seems to work for them. I appreciate that it sounds a bit odd to us, but the fact is that not everyone is white or black.
    Not everyone who you would say is black, would class themselves as black.

Mrs K's consultant at work is of Portuguese heritage and has quite olive skin. If she goes on holiday and gets even more tanned so to speak, her mother says "You look black".

I've always found "Asian" to be a strange one considering the size of "Asia" and the difference in peoples and ethnicity within it.
    America say "Asian" but mean Chinese and far eastern countries, but not say India, Pakistan and Middle East countries. I think they still say "Persian".

Being white is a such a cop out :lol:

Aituk7 likes this.
  15. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Everyone now knows there were failings in bringing these people to court based on race but i don't see why you can't just say sick Paedophiles and leave the Asian bit out.They aren't exclusive just operate a bit better

ProfessionalMackem likes this.
  16. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Exactly. You're a paedophile first, and whatever comes after that is secondary.

17. That's a bit harsh calling jazzman a nonce like.

18. Bulmers

Bulmers Midfield Contributor

Hang on your whole shtick is you can't be racist cos islam is a religion and furthermore these people do these things because islam teaches them to regard women and especially white women as fair game. But now he is addressing the issue even though he has avoided the religious element. It is almost as if in your own mind asian is synonymous with muslim and you have been misrepresenting yourself all along

19. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Not a big fan of Abbott but all she's saying is it doesn't help the victims .Getting rid of Asian paedophiles won stop paedophilia

I've had my moments

Keawyeds likes this.
  20. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

A person of Pakistani heritage saying something the reaking righties might want to hear.

This should be good.