Sainsbury's Wessington way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northsiders can't afford Sainsbury's, more accustomed to Herons on Southwick Green.

The Sainsbury's over the Southside is thriving and packed all the time.

it is in a bad location like !
handy though , I go there for Xmas shop as the Washington one is usually rammed

They are also playing the long game, when the new bridge and road are open it will be in a prime location, there's also the new housing that's planned for all the derelict factory sites around there.

100% this, i remember shortly after it first opened some fannies on here going on about how it was going to be shut down and converted in to a call centre.

I've never seen it busy either. I did see Seb Larsson shopping there once.
That's why it wasn't busy. They shut the shop when he came in so he wouldn't be pestered and mobbed by fans. All the stores do it for our top celebrities.

The work on the bridge has knacked it somewhat however if you order online they send most of their deliveries from there, even out to the arse end of Durham.

Likewise with Tesco on Newcastle Road, never busy. According to the staff, it was built for the internet orders.

Aye that Tesco soon went from 24 hour opening to closing normal hours..nee fka getting in..seen a few shoplifters being pinned down inside like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back