Sainsbury's to cut 2000 jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this means they sort out their self service machines. It's one of the wonders of the world how they've managed to install such slow and unresponsive software, it takes an age to use.

Only if you’re a bewildered pensioner or thick. Same as cash machines.

This 100%. How anyone thinks they are a good idea is a mystery. Store staff hate them as well.

Another thicko outed.

They ones in Lidl are canny IMO. I thin it helps that they sell mainly own brand goods and print the barcode all around the goods for ease of scanning.

took them out of the big one at the Toll Bar last month and put another manned checkout in instead

They ones in Lidl are canny IMO. I thin it helps that they sell mainly own brand goods and print the barcode all around the goods for ease of scanning.
I think they are awful. Dead slow between scanning and then registering it in the bag and then scanning again

Only if you’re a bewildered pensioner or thick. Same as cash machines.

Another thicko outed.

Thick? They're unresponsive as fuck compared to any another supermarket, there's a good couple of seconds you have to wait for it to register you've pressed the screen. It's like going back in time using them.

Hopefully this means they sort out their self service machines. It's one of the wonders of the world how they've managed to install such slow and unresponsive software, it takes an age to use.
News like this is the reason I don't use self service machines. The writing was always on the wall so long as anybody uses them.

I use a checkout doris wherever possible in a one man quest to keep them in a job. :cool: Asda are pissing me off with this scan as you go thing that they've introduced and the way they're trying to force people to use it by cutting the number of checkouts open so you have to queue for ages.

I use a checkout doris wherever possible in a one man quest to keep them in a job. :cool: Asda are pissing me off with this scan as you go thing that they've introduced and the way they're trying to force people to use it by cutting the number of checkouts open so you have to queue for ages.
Or making sure they maximise profits by having no staff..

Only ever said by dribblers.
Sainsbury’s are the worst by a mile like.

Use Morrisons,Tesco, m & s and Sainsbury’s regularly.

Asda are much faster than when I’ve used Sainsbury’s too.

All have started giving change in 5ps and coppers recently though the twats.

Got 70p in change in purely coppers and 5s in m and s. 20p in coppers ffs

Last edited:
some fuckers live in an absolute dream world mate
There's a difference between a struggling corner shop and a massive supermarket that wants robots as cashiers to appease shareholders, who probably need the extra cash to spend on diesel for their yacht

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back