Sainsbury's to cut 2000 jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully this means they sort out their self service machines. It's one of the wonders of the world how they've managed to install such slow and unresponsive software, it takes an age to use.

Absolute disgrace, how can a company post huge profits and then cut jobs?

Many of Sainsbury's workers are low skilled and will struggle to find jobs.

I hope the trade unions organise protests outside every Sainsbury's store in the country, hit them where it hurts.

Absolute disgrace, how can a company post huge profits and then cut jobs?

Many of Sainsbury's workers are low skilled and will struggle to find jobs.

I hope the trade unions organise protests outside every Sainsbury's store in the country, hit them where it hurts.

For a trainee financial advisor you seem to be pretty clueless mind

The big four supermarkets are desperate to cut costs to keep up with Aldi and Lidl, despite being totally aware that cutting staffing is not the answer to this.

I dont know what members of staff Sainsburys cut, but earlier this year Tesco cut the job of every single deputy manager in the company; every single convenience store had one and every big store had a few, gave them the option of dropping down to a shift runner role which was 5k less a year, or a tiny severance.

Hopefully this means they sort out their self service machines. It's one of the wonders of the world how they've managed to install such slow and unresponsive software, it takes an age to use.

This 100%. How anyone thinks they are a good idea is a mystery. Store staff hate them as well.

This 100%. How anyone thinks they are a good idea is a mystery. Store staff hate them as well.

They ones in Lidl are canny IMO. I thin it helps that they sell mainly own brand goods and print the barcode all around the goods for ease of scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back