SAFC vs Belenenses

The problem is; there is an element on here that is persistently negative. I know plenty of SC holders that have doubts about Ross, but none go on like this place.

I get that, but how many people on the whole board can you name that are actually like that, honestly?

It pales into insignificance really, yet going on about it just exacerbates the problem.

You sing a hard luck story about Wembley but that's not personal to you, it's the same for tens of thousands of us. I'm 49 and have been going since 1979 so I don't need someone to tell me, I would understand if.... I have all those relegations under by belt too.
However, that doesn't mean I have to be part of a self fulfilling, self pitying prophecy. Anyway, I'm sure we want the same thing, it's just I'm a half glass full person and I will continue to be.
Wembley was'nt hard luck mate, it was bad management.. 1979 eh! your only a pup son.

I'll tell you once the season starts, until then I'll reserve opinion.

you can surely see how its not 'bed wetting' for people to point out that we were pretty crap in the second half of last season, and have done nothing to rectify any of the glaring problems, so far. its just worrying. time will tell, maybe he has a striker and dynamic midfielder lined up, and we set up completely different either against herenveen or at the latest against oxford. i just cant see it at the moment

i know the window doesnt shut till the end of august, but why pass the chance of 4 or 5 league games before we can put out a strong 11. we should be hitting the ground against oxford at full steam ahead, the squad hasn't had much upheaval over the summer, same manager, same league, we just need(ed) a couple of tweeks here and there to fly into the new season on the front foot. yet again, it feels like we are stuttering and look a long way away from a settled, positive side.

i honestly think Ross can see all of this, i'm just not sure if he is capable or has the tools available to fix it

I get that, but how many people on the whole board can you name that are actually like that, honestly?

It pales into insignificance really, yet going on about it just exacerbates the problem.

there is a couple of proper fannies, but i'd say 90% of the criticism aimed at the team/club is relatively justified.

10 relegation battles, whilst some teams that got promoted went on to have good seasons

2009-10 - Average position 10.47 with first 3rd of season in top half and lowest 14th LINK
2010-11 - Average position 9.05 as spend 2/3 of season in top 10, lowest 14th (15th in 2nd week) LINK
2011-12 - Average position 12.02 but that was due to 1st 3rd of season being Bruce, O'Neil came in took us from 17th to 8th and went no lower than 11th before final day and finishing 13th LINK
The only other 'best' season was 2014-15 but we hovered lower mid table LINK and we had a bad spell 2nd half of the season. The rest were a bit shite but certainly not 10 relegation battles, 7 at most.

Last edited by a moderator:
This f***ing place man. You are either a bedwetter or a happy clapper, it’s like you can’t form an opinion without being labelled one of those. Judging by the criteria set, I must shuffle between the two. Just for clarification, there is no harm in being currently concerned , because of the performances this calendar year, that does have a bearing and if you think people are concerned just over a 1-0 defeat, then I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. In the same vain that we wouldn’t be proclaimed as champions had we won it. You aren’t a happy clapper because you might think that Ross should be given a chance, but things have to change drastically and does he have the wherewithal to do it? Time will tell as always, but one thing is for certain, it would be an absolutely catastrophic failure were we not to win promotion and this is forming the basis of most “bed wetters” argument, because it would appear that nothing has changed. We haven’t addressed the midfield issues which have been our Achilles heel for years. Time yet, but it is running out fast, with no signs on the horizon that we are likely to address these issues, unless we shift some deadwood. Over to the recruitment team, but therein also lies a massive problem. We are either going for shit NW based players or playing hard ball with others before they fuck off elsewhere. I just hope they don’t have the same opinion as some of our fans, that these players should walk on glass to come and play for us for pennies.

This f***ing place man. You are either a bedwetter or a happy clapper, it’s like you can’t form an opinion without being labelled one of those. Judging by the criteria set, I must shuffle between the two. Just for clarification, there is no harm in being currently concerned , because of the performances this calendar year, that does have a bearing and if you think people are concerned just over a 1-0 defeat, then I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. In the same vain that we wouldn’t be proclaimed as champions had we won it. You aren’t a happy clapper because you might think that Ross should be given a chance, but things have to change drastically and does he have the wherewithal to do it? Time will tell as always, but one thing is for certain, it would be an absolutely catastrophic failure were we not to win promotion and this is forming the basis of most “bed wetters” argument, because it would appear that nothing has changed. We haven’t addressed the midfield issues which have been our Achilles heel for years. Time yet, but it is running out fast, with no signs on the horizon that we are likely to address these issues, unless we shift some deadwood. Over to the recruitment team, but therein also lies a massive problem. We are either going for shit NW based players or playing hard ball with others before they fuck off elsewhere. I just hope they don’t have the same opinion as some of our fans, that these players should walk on glass to come and play for us for pennies.
So which are you, bedwetter or happy clapper?

So which are you, bedwetter or happy clapper?
I’m a bed clapper. I haven’t a clue nowadays marra, it depends what side of the bed I get out of and what is going on at work. If I have a tough day everything is f***ing shit including my football club, I hate them. If it’s good, then I am so blessed to be able to support them. There’s nee middle ground with me

I’m a bed clapper. I haven’t a clue nowadays marra, it depends what side of the bed I get out of and what is going on at work. If I have a tough day everything is f***ing shit including my football club, I hate them. If it’s good, then I am so blessed to be able to support them. There’s nee middle ground with me
Far to sensible for here.

Back