+++SAFC v Doncaster+++

If only we’d done that against Coventry.
It wasn’t a negative when he beat their keeper to the ball for Wyke’s goal

Did well for the Wyke goal absolutely. His defensive side of the game was decent but he needs to use the ball better. It’s not like whacking the ball away under no pressure is the only way to not concede five goals man.

Did well for the Wyke goal absolutely. His defensive side of the game was decent but he needs to use the ball better. It’s not like whacking the ball away under no pressure is the only way to not concede five goals man.
He needs to do what he’s competent at, not try to become Alan Hansen then lose the ball

Fair enough if he’s under pressure make the decision that the ball goes. It doesn’t need to be the stock answer all the time though man, when you’ve got time to pick your head up you can pass the ball. Plenty of times today he had a pass on and chose to hoof it. If we do that against better teams you can’t afford to constantly give up possession cheaply.

He did the defensive part well enough but that criticism is valid imo.

It isn't valid at all. There was plenty of times he hit the ball long under no pressure but invariably we challenged, closed down and pushed them back and won throw ins or possession further up the pitch. It was blatantly to instruction and I was delighted with Ross getting that 'no piss farting about' message across. This was one of the better teams, they looked poor as Coventry may well have done if we had went into that game with the same game plan.

It isn't valid at all. There was plenty of times he hit the ball long under no pressure but invariably we challenged, closed down and pushed them back and won throw ins or possession further up the pitch. It was blatantly to instruction and I was delighted with Ross getting that 'no piss farting about' message across. This was one of the better teams, they looked poor as Coventry may well have done if we had went into that game with the same game plan.

Agree to disagree for me the defensive side of things was fine but the use of the ball under no pressure should be better.

It’s a minor gripe in an otherwise good performance.

He needs to do what he’s competent at, not try to become Alan Hansen then lose the ball

Fair point he may simply not have the ability to do better. If that’s the case I’m glad he’s on loan rather than a permanent signing.

Excellent rearguard action, second half, from Sunderland. Doncaster clearly going for the play offs and took the game to us and we responded with a solid defensive and midfield performance. Wyke was outstanding all game until taken off. The team got through a lot of work. Well played Sunderland. 4 more wins.

Barnsley Forum fooming: :lol:
  • They look absolutely clueless. Sunderland just let them have the ball for the last 15, knowing they wouldn’t be able to do anything
  • Donny's Italian Flag today as expected .....White cross on a white background!!
  • Raise their game against us and then have a shocker against Sunderland. I hope they miss out on the playoffs.

Someone asked why I hoped the win wiped the smile from the faces of Barnsley and took some of the gloss of the win. I said I hated them. Now you all know why.

Chuffed with the win. Held on 2nd half or?
No they never however it is a bit of a concern that we seen to lose our way and if we don't have the bonus of a 2 goal lead it becomes scrappy and nervous. Think the only thing that let's us down is this. We are better than the rest but for some reason we shit in our own nest far too much.

Back