SAFC v Benfica B

Grigg has shown little so far to suggest he's anything but a plodder. He reminds me of Danny Graham.
That'll be the same Danny Graham that scored 15 goals in the Championship last season and was Blackburn's player of the year. It's a striker's graveyard here man, oh for the days of Summerbee and Johnston, or Carlos Edwards. Very disappointed to see Gooch starting tonight, absolute gash ! FTM

That'll be the same Danny Graham that scored 15 goals in the Championship last season and was Blackburn's player of the year. It's a striker's graveyard here man, oh for the days of Summerbee and Johnston, or Carlos Edwards. Very disappointed to see Gooch starting tonight, absolute gash ! FTM

I knew when I said Danny Graham it would be somehow upcasted. I mean the Danny Graham we witnessed not the Danny Graham that feels at home playing in front of 14k fans each home game.

? Don't know mate, but he doesn't have to play. His lack of ability is staggering.

Just read the report on safc.com

They described it as 'valuable minutes'. Well that's because we've got next to no preseason.

Fell asleep. It is what it is in the words of Chris Coleman. Too much stock is put in preseason results on here. They're not official games or owt.
But it's good to win to set the tone. Or are we just meant to accept this insipid shite for ever more. Winning is a culture/ killer instinct should be natural to these people. They are professional sportsmen for fucks sake.

Last edited:
I knew when I said Danny Graham it would be somehow upcasted. I mean the Danny Graham we witnessed not the Danny Graham that feels at home playing in front of 14k fans each home game.
All I'm saying is that before he joined us and after he left us he got goals, we don't create enough for our strikers, if you look at Maja's goals last season they were hardly tap ins. McGeady and Gooch/Morgan too greedy. FTM

Yeah just look at how shite Defoe was.:lol:

We are far too deep and spread out.
Today was more defensive than anything last season.
I’m trying to reserve judgement on Ross but if we set up in that formation with those tactics he’s an idiot.

? Don't know mate, but he doesn't have to play. His lack of ability is staggering.

But it's good to win to set the tone. Or are we just meant to accept this insipid shite for ever more. Winning is a culture/ killer instinct should be natural to these people. They are professional sportsmen for fucks sake.

Win? What's that.

Obviously setting the tone to go for the most draws in one season record.

After seeing them both last season, I really struggle to see how anyone can defend their performances. Do they ever have a shot from outside the box? It seems unless they are gifted a chance inside the box they're not going to score from what you're saying. I wouldn't be confident of Wyke scoring if he was through on goal and the opposing side were all in our half.

How often does Wyke get on the end of corners?
..there job is inside 18 yard box.

Back