SAFC such an iconic club

I travel abroad a lot with work. When I speak to people about football there really is very little interest outside of the usual big clubs.

Most people have never heard of Sunderland, despite having 10 years in the Premier League. Newcastle maybe ring a vague bell. They ceritainly won’t rattle off a list of iconic number 9’s who have worn the famous shirt.

It’s only really the football hipsters who have any interest in teams outside the top 6 or 7. Within that small group there is a lot more interest in us now we have gone full shite.
Most that I meet in USA know about us and especially our recent relegations.

Most that I meet in USA know about us and especially our recent relegations.

Fair point. I find Americans who follow football seem throw themselves into it. I've had a couple of very awkward lunch time conversations trying to diplomatically explain why it didn't work out for Altidore over here.

I certainly think the relegations have created more interest - even amongst people who haven't watched STID.

Dinnar about iconic but we're a bigger club than many would give us credit for - including some of our own.

historically aye.

ask your average footy 'fan' under 40 and imo we'd rank below plenty of the likes of stoke, west brom, bournemouth, leicester, brighton, wolves, crystal palce, fulham, southampton, swansea, cardiff, wigan, hull and tons of other so called smaller clubs

historically aye.

ask your average footy 'fan' under 40 and imo we'd rank below plenty of the likes of stoke, west brom, bournemouth, leicester, brighton, wolves, crystal palce, fulham, southampton, swansea, cardiff, wigan, hull and tons of other so called smaller clubs
You are smaller than all of them

historically aye.

Only a rabid orangutan would have bournemouth (for a start) as a bigger club than Sunlun. Ramp up the prozac ffs you will be promoted within 2 years almost certainly. Try being a a Scunny lad.

historically aye.

What a load of guff. Only one club on that list is in our ball park, and that’s Wolves.

Back