Safc store

I love Sunderland so much it hurts. But at the same time i find myself hating the club and everything it does more and more as every day goes by. Whats the point. Just watch the old YouTube footage up to say, 2001 and stop there. To me, Sunderland lost its identity when Roker Park was pulled down. It only took about 4 years for the novelty of the Stadium of Light to wear off and now we are left wandering aimlessly without identity (unless being a terribly run club is an identity) in a soulless, atmosphere free stadium without any semblance of hope.

I understand what your saying about roker mate, but i think roker was on its last legs, possibly club selling row of bungalows made redevelopment practically impossible long time ago, the demise probably started with the reduction of the roker end although this was just before my time so others opinion / confirmation will be probably worth hearing.

I loved roker, voted to stay, I saw it bounce those last few times ie Armstrong's header....but in hindsight for me Bob Murray was right & although it was hard moving on moving forward is hard to do.

The problem for me is the missed opportunities...its not the SOL struggles to compete with roker its a modern day version...the SOL is as capable of bouncing much more than many other modern grounds & give roker a run for money certainly toward end of roker ie sheff utd chelsea everton games.

Those first few years under Reid were unreal but we didnt build on it, Keane got us back & Bruce started to build on the completely dismantled the side, BSA had us back toward a chance to progress & all fucxxing Moyes had yo do was follow suit ffs.

We implode like no other football club time & time again right when we start to get somewhere.

now were left at out lowest 2 seasons in history with a completely out of depth SD.

its a long long road back....but this football club can come back BUT it needs very strong leadership from owners who can & are willing to invest & employ quality football people in needed positions.

until a sale or FFP coming further on board although i dont know why they would partner / invest further in current owners, SD will have us ticking along hoping he can get us promoted while the background falls apart. Quite possible / provably we go further backward the lmger SD here even if he gets us up if doesnt secure a correct sale. By the time he leaves a bare shell might be all remains of this club

It's not incredible really, ask the club they are the only ones who know why it's been shut

It's the worst thing in the world and only our club would do such a thing. There is definitely not a rational reason, it must because of stupidity. Because of Donald.

:rolleyes:

This board is a caricature of itself in recent times.

With Father’s Day coming up it makes zero sense. You’d imagine it to be one of the most lucrative times of the year. Absolutely clueless.

On the face of it it seems a very strange decision. I just don't get it, some of the things the club are doing suggests a sale is all but done, but I don't think it is! The WMS podcast mentioned that when they thought they were selling to Campbell they just stopped trying (giving the example of not being arsed about trying to increase sales for the play off game). This has a bit of a similar vibe to it, not bothering to open the club shop even though it would likely be popular with many still in the house and fathers day coming up. On top of that an ill conceived season card announcement that gave no one any incentive not to cancel their direct debits. That almost reeks of "its not going to be our problem so we don't give a fuck" but all noises suggest there isn't anything even remotely close on the sale front. Maybe there is a good reason for not opening it, and a good reason for their season cards stance, but it seems odd

On the face of it it seems a very strange decision. I just don't get it, some of the things the club are doing suggests a sale is all but done, but I don't think it is! The WMS podcast mentioned that when they thought they were selling to Campbell they just stopped trying (giving the example of not being arsed about trying to increase sales for the play off game). This has a bit of a similar vibe to it, not bothering to open the club shop even though it would likely be popular with many still in the house and fathers day coming up. On top of that an ill conceived season card announcement that gave no one any incentive not to cancel their direct debits. That almost reeks of "its not going to be our problem so we don't give a fuck" but all noises suggest there isn't anything even remotely close on the sale front. Maybe there is a good reason for not opening it, and a good reason for their season cards stance, but it seems odd
It makes no sense whatsoever. To me it either says;
1. We’re selling up and don’t give a toss anymore, or
2. We’ve taken our eye off the ball to such a degree that even the process of setting up an on-line club store and getting the new merchandise in it is simply beyond them.
I know where my money would be going ...

It makes no sense whatsoever. To me it either says;
1. We’re selling up and don’t give a toss anymore, or
2. We’ve taken our eye off the ball to such a degree that even the process of setting up an on-line club store and getting the new merchandise in it is simply beyond them.
I know where my money would be going ...

But you look at everything they do, they're after every penny normally (like the membership / Walsall ticket malarky). If they're staying they'll need every penny. I'd feel like a sale is coming, but it doesn't sound like it is. Just confused by the whole thing

But you look at everything they do, they're after every penny normally (like the membership / Walsall ticket malarky). If they're staying they'll need every penny. I'd feel like a sale is coming, but it doesn't sound like it is. Just confused by the whole thing

My only hope is that news of a sale breaks from nowhere. As you said normal media outlets have claimed nothing is imminent.
Otherwise it does really look like they’ve completely given up.
Take the shop just as one example.
With Father’s Day looming and the summer here you’d imagine they’d be busting a gut to get the new kits marketed and out there - any potential revenue stream would be precious.
Think of past seasons - the slow reveal of new kits, the chance for fans to vote on options, there’s been all sorts of ideas tried (admittedly some more popular than others) but at least they showed some creativity.
Now with money at an all time low what do we have - nothing but the sound of tumbleweed.

It will be due to the incompetence of the new CEO

Quite simply, I think they're in a huff with the supporters. It really is as simple as that. They don't care anymore as they know the damage is done and is irreparable. Therefore, they've simply given up trying.

Quite simply, I think they're in a huff with the supporters. It really is as simple as that. They don't care anymore as they know the damage is done and is irreparable. Therefore, they've simply given up trying.

That would just seem incredibly self defeating though because, ultimately, if we don't give them money they'll have to put it in themselves. They'll also see the financial position getting worse which will affect how much someone will pay them to buy it. The term cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind and, no matter how pissed off they might be that they've been found out, I doubt they'd do anything to damage their own pockets in response

Went into the Stadium Store the Christmas before last for a present. At the front of the shop they were selling t-shirts in the style of the Beatles 'John & Paul & George & Ringo' ones. 'Grabban & Vaughan & McGeady & Ndong' :lol: 3 of the 4 had left 11 months prior and are absolutely hated

Back