SAFC in Scarborough

He says Scholars bar behind debenhams in Brunswick shopping centre ? Lots of screens and good beer apparently !!
Cheers mate
Try the Newcastle Packet
:lol:
Was my Grandas favourite pub when we used to come down a few years ago (he was a mag and grew up on Scottswood Road like)
There's a North Yorkshire branch IIRC but don't know if there's any life in it, might be worth asking on their Twitter or Facebook groups if you haven't already. Quite a mixed area like other parts of Yorkshire, so there's bound to be plenty of mackems about.

I went in there a few years ago for a few beers and watching MOTD later on when we were in the PL when I was down with the family. Was a decent place, bigger inside than it looks from the outside and there was plenty of screens. There were a few old birds dancing around their hand bags, but it was a Saturday night in August/September.
Thanks pal, contacted the NY branch and got a bit info but they're based more round Harrogate and Knaresborogh way on. Seems a proper canny bloke that runs it like

Last edited:

Just moved down to Scarborough and thought I'd make enquiries as to whether there's anyone MLFs on here that live in the area/know of a pub that will show SAFC matches/will be out to watch us on Sky on Sunday.
I really need to take note of your thread when finding out where to watch the match in a specific area after my 1st post yesterday about the match in Benidorm 👍😊

I lived in Scarborough until a few months ago. All the pubs mentioned above are likely to show a game at midday. For the best chance of having the sound turned up, probably The Ship, Commercial and Scholar are your best bets. The Ship and Commercial are close together, about 7 mins walk past the railway station – both on your right. The Ship used to serve Heineken Premium if you are into it and also has a decent carvery lunch for about a fiver. Would be my first choice.

I lived in Scarborough until a few months ago. All the pubs mentioned above are likely to show a game at midday. For the best chance of having the sound turned up, probably The Ship, Commercial and Scholar are your best bets. The Ship and Commercial are close together, about 7 mins walk past the railway station – both on your right. The Ship used to serve Heineken Premium if you are into it and also has a decent carvery lunch for about a fiver. Would be my first choice.
My brother says Scholars by far the best for footy

Back